1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Have A Heart!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Srama, Mar 13, 2017.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you JS ma'm for your feedback. I am not surprised your DILs run too! It is kind of fun you know. These days I use this in my classroom - when kids resist writing I tell them that earlier people would walk or bike and then cam cars and now we run races, you guys if you don't like writing now, I assure you that you will be doing writing marathons in your future.

Thank you for your kind words about my writing.

2. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sabitha,
    What a great feat! Running on the hill and that too the whole family!
    To have darshan of Lord Narasimha and Lord Anjaneya we had to climb up the Sholingar hill where we have steep steps at certain distance. With huffing and puffing I used to climb. Being a heart patient I take sorbitrate tablet before climbing.
    I had also visited Kedarnath and upto half way I walked up and my son didn't allow me to walk up the other half and arranged for a horse. I do like to climb enjoying the natural scenaries but my health condition doesn't permit me.
    Year before last year we visited Mukthinath and we had to ride on motor cycle and of course we had to climb up the steps to reach the temple.

Anyways the end goal of having darshan at temple and also enjoying the natural beauty is achieved.
    PS

Srama likes this.
  3. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear PS Ma'm,

Thank you for your words. You know after I read your feedback, I went and looked up Sholingur temple. God willing I will have an opportunity to visit the temple mainly for two reasons - Narasimha is our family deity and Hanuman is my Istadevatha :) Both of them together there? I also realize this temple step climbing has way more more meaning than what we attribute. My mom was an ardent devotee of Tirupathi and I don't even know how many times she has climbed up those steps, sometimes even down on the same day. Now after your feedback I do realize, looks like this is in our blood :) Please do bless me for an opportunity to come my way to visit this temple.

4. Scorpio707

Scorpio707 Platinum IL'ite

Sabitha :),

I'm not sure how and where to start now. Reading you was like taking an IV of energy, positivism and a never give up attitude :clap2:. You have a way of bringing out the best in any given situation, I simply loved your snippet. Just what I needed today :) . I feel sedated now :p:D Thank you

Srama likes this.
  5. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Meenu,

Imagine my surprise to see you - it is almost like you know when I write. So happy to hear from you my friend. Thank you for your sweet words.

Scorpio707 likes this.
  6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear sabitha,
    Glad to hear that Lord Narasimha is your family Deity and Lord Anjaneya your Ishta Devatha. I do hope that your wish will be fulfilled by both Deities.
    There is another famous Narasimha temple at Ahobilam in the Kurnool district of Andhra where there are nine Narasimhas on the hill in different locations. We had been to those temples also. We were really blessed to visit all the 106 sri Vaishnava divya shethras from east to west and north to south.
    Mr heartfelt wishes and blessings to you and also my prayers to Lord Narasimha and Anjaneya to fulfill your wish.
    PS

Srama likes this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you PS ma'm. I have heard of the Kurnool Ahobilam. Not having stayed much in India, not traveled much there at all. Going forward our summer trips could become travel trips. Thank you for your blessings.