Has anyone visited Coorg, Madikeri?

Discussion in 'Travel' started by rkgurbani, Dec 2, 2011.

1. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

My DH and I are planning a small holiday and would like to visit Coorg and Madikeri. We may have to touch Mysore if travelling from Chennai.

Friends, if any one of you been to these places? If yes, please do share you views...
    :thankyou2:

2. varhem

varhem IL Hall of Fame

i had been to Coorg last year.awesome place.We went by car from Mysore.The driver was familiar with the places.For accomadations we had homestay i.e you can rent a home.You will enjoy.good luck.

3. raki

raki Silver IL'ite

Hi...coorg and madikeri very nice place to visit. do not miss to visit Dubare elephant camp. Alos u can chk out if u can visit some estates in coorg.cavery nisargadhama,abbi falls,buddha golden temple,abbi falls,
    Thalacauvery etc are places to visit. Enjoy madi :)

4. Anisu

Anisu Platinum IL'ite

Dear RKG,

First reach out to Mysore and from there you can hire a cab ....The roads are very good from Mysore to Bylukuppe where you can go to the Golden temple. After that the roads are not all that great but manageable. Some of the places which is a must visit in Madikeri and around are

1: Nisarga Dhama , 2: Dubare elephant camp(you also have river rafting here). 3: Abbe Falls.

You can opt for a home stay...some are very costly but check out ....
    From here you can also go to Bagamandala and Talacauvery....its the place where cauvery is born....
    Weather there will be pretty cold.

5. MVRENUKA

MVRENUKA Silver IL'ite

it is an amazing place. i hv been there twice.. both the trips were amazing. just that all the view point are atleast 40 kms away from each other and hence we can cover only 2-3 places in a day.. but it is worth it.. the travel is also very pleasant .. buddha temple is amazing and a life time experience. .. elephant camp and thala kaveri is also great.. if u r planning to stay in orange county, then it is in one extreme of coorg and u will not be able to see any place.. the hotel is very good by itself, so you will hv to enjoy the hotel and food alone.. u hv to stay close to madekeri.. i stayed in coorg international once and in a home stay the second time... i enjoyed the home stay more.. i was only rs.1500 but neat and clean place.. Buy filter coffee powder from ganesh coffee ( in madekeri)... it tastes like heaven :).... u can try bandipur forest also on the way.. if possible plan for 4-5 days trips.. a week end is not enough..

6. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

The drive to thalakaveri via Bhagamandala is awesome. Lovely place for a relaxing visit. Hope you have a good time.

7. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

I have spent lot of time in Kushalnagar area and although most Indians just go to the Golden Temple, you will miss some amazing temples if you just go there. Hire a local driver (Tibetan if you can find one) and ask them to take you to the other temples....distance is not much and there are amazing temples to see and some almost the same size as the Golden Temple. There are a couple of decent hotels in Kushalnagar as that area has a lot of international visitors to study at the Tibetan monasteries.

8. sindhu31

sindhu31 Bronze IL'ite

Visit Tala Cauvery... Wonderful place... just go for a walk to hilltop... it wl be awesome experience...

9. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

It is wonderful place.....to visit...COORG is the THE SCOTLAND OF INDIA:))

If you are going by car...from bangalore...u will reach coorg by 2.30PM....

Places to see in Coorg:-
    • Omkareswara temple
    • Raja seat
    • Raja's tomb
    • Abbey falls
    • Mandalpatty
    • Talacavery
    • Bagamandala
    • Dubaare forest
    • Harangi dam
    • Nisarga dhama
    • Golden temple
    We had to trip to coorg last wk in office...climate is same like Bangalore....we stay in Abhay Home stay...which is sooo good and economical...

10. Sindhurao

Sindhurao Gold IL'ite