Happy Anniversary Varloo...

Discussion in 'Birthday' started by archukoratty, Jun 21, 2006.

1. Selvi

Selvi Senior IL'ite

Wishing u a very happy Anniversary!!!! Enjoy ur special day!!
    :)

2. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

We are over whelmed

Dear friends,
    You all transported us to this day 19 years back with your wishes. Our wedding took place in trivandrum. Our wedding was attended by all my family friends, colleagues ( mine and my siblings'), neighbours and relatives from Tamilnadu. Mine was the first wedding (and only ) to be conducted there. So hordes of people attended and blessed us on that day. After that today we have received such a response from you all. I am so proud to be an ILite.
    We usually get calls from my immediate family only on this day. Today our IL family had sent wishes from far and near, as far as Holland, Germany and China, from US, Singapore and other places. Words fail me, I can only say we are over whelmed, this is an understatement.
    THANK YOU ALL, THANK YOU VERY MUCH FOR YOUR LOVE AND AFFECTION.
    I have surely done some good deed in my past life to get such good friends. I thank our Induslady for this chance, for without this forum we would not have met.
    Once again a big THANK YOU to all.

Then, We do not celebrate as such. A sweet dish or payasam mostly. But what with Chithra's recipes, I felt I should prepare special food. So I made lapsi halwa, rasa vadai and sago kichdi for evening. (All went out for work and studies so simple breakfast and lunch). While coming home, hubby bought big samosas, pidi kozhukkattais from Adyar Ananda Bhavan. After all this nobody wants dinner. (plan was to make coriander rice, boondi and mathulam raitha and curd semiya). So the gift was resst from cooking dinner.
    Sudha and Vidya, no special saree as such now. May be some special saree later (I am having my eye on Mysore silk).
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

Last edited: Jun 21, 2006
  3. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

oops I forgot

I forgot to mention that Meena Prakash had send a beautiful animated e-card to us. It is very nice. Thank you very much, Meena.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo

4. anjana

anjana Bronze IL'ite

Dear Varloo

Happy anniversary to you and Mr on this special day. Even though we do not know each other let me take this opportunity to wish you both many more years to come. I hope you had lots of fun.

Take care,
    Love,

5. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

better late than never!!!

Dear Varloo

Many more happy returns on this special day!!!Let this year be prosperous and full of beautiful memories!!

6. meenu

meenu Bronze IL'ite

very many happy returns

Dear Varloo.
    I wish you and your family all that is best.May you continue to be Happy for ever.
    Regards,
    Meenu

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dean anjana, sunitha and meenu,
    thank you very much for your wishes. Sorry I am late at responding. My hubby also expresses his thanks to you.
    With warmw ishes,
    varloo

8. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

A Very Happy Anniversary, Varloo!

Dear Varloo,
    Wish you and your better half a very happy anniversary. May you live together for a hundred more autumns. (that's the meaning of the last line of the famous marriage mantra "Mangalyam thandunanena")
    The man says to his wife in that mantra " For helping me in my life I am giving this mangalyam to you." He addresses his woman as "shubage" which does not have a translation in any other language. An approximation will be "the lady who brings happiness and well being" and then says, "sanjeeva sharadam shadam." May we live together for a hundred autumns."
    Wish you a very happy anniversary. What did he give you and what did you make for him? We are all eagerly waiting to know.
    regards,
    Varalotti
    PS: Sorry for being late.

9. cheer

cheer Silver IL'ite

Happy Anniversary Varloo

[​IMG]

10. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Varalotti,
    Thank you very much for the wishes. Better late than never. I know that you are a well wisher, anniversary or not.
    And I am a romantic, used to gift him different objects. He being the opposite never appreciated them. So two years before I stopped gifting him. He never gifts me anything, he says he himself is a life time gift. (Only I do not think so).
    I had prepared rasa vadai, lapsi halwa, sago kichdi for evening. (He was attending a training, so was out the whole day). While returning he brought snacks and so I was saved from cooking dinner.
    Actually, everyday is special, now even more with our Chithra's recipes. Now I make at least one Chitvish recipe daily.
    We usually do not celebrate, :cry: we just observe the remembrance day. ha ha ha:-D
    Anyway, thanks for the wishes.
    With warm wishes,
    varloo
    I did not know the meaning of the mantra, even though I am learning Sanskrit. I am happy to know from you.