1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Hanumanji & Mysore pauk

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by subhsk, Apr 6, 2009.

1. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Mmm… You may wonder what Hanuman Ji has to do with Mysore pauk. All we know /heard is - we offer ‘Vada mala’ to Anjeneya. Does he like Mysore pauk? Well let me justify my title.
    This is a flashback story…. I am taking you 24 years back. Let the globe perform 10 rotations per second and let us all land in ‘Thiruvannamalai’ ( This is how we see in old movies na… ;-) ). Thirivannamalai - The City famous for Arunachal Temple, Kaarthikai Deepam, Ramana Maharishi… and what not???
    We lived in Chellam Bungalow owned by Chirtamma. Chiramma stayed alone there after getting her children married. That was a big bungalow with very big garden of many colorful flowers , lotus pond, and all sort of trees . We could see peacock and Monkeys (I used to call him Hanumanji from then) often visiting our garden from nearby temple .I was 2+ years old by then, yet to join my LKG . You may wonder, hey dear …don’t just blough, what a 2+ year kid remembers. But that is true; I still have few memories in my mind. Even now, I recall those days and ask many questions which surprise my mom and sister.
    Let me walk you through to that day. My uncle visited us along with his family. I was happy seeing my cousin brother (Elder to me). After all I needed a person to play with me.
    By the way, I too had an elder sister who never was able to spare time to play with me. She was very busy girl who is too studious, reading - moreover revising her 1st standard rhymes book always. I don’t know how can she spend most of her times with books till now (God!! She is now a lecturer… hahaahaa)
    After evening Tea time, all the elderly people started discussing family issues and on some topic that was beyond my ‘kutti’ brain.

My sister and that anna were in garden sitting near the terrace steps. I was too happy thinking, ahhh we will play a lot with this anna. When I rushed to the garden, to my disappointment, I saw my sister showing all her 1std books to him. They both were enjoying the pictures and started telling rhymes together. Ho my god… I tried a lot to divert them, Well, I couldn’t. (Hey what’s so interesting in Maths book yaar? They didn’t leave even that book).

Finally I came to conclusion, nothing can be done now. It was too boring without any company. Am I too mad to sit along with them to start my A B C D??… No never.

I have a great / excellent company for my boredom, which never quitted me. That is ‘My Snacks’ hehehe. Even now my family makes fun of my habit of ‘Grinding something always in my mouth’ during my childhood.

So, I rushed to my snacks box. Finally Sat along with my sister (Not to study.. to see pictures) and started eating my Mysore pauk.
    That Mysore pauk was too big for my hands to hold. I was eating it too slow enjoying its sweetness.

Suddenly there came Hanuman with his team mates. The team leader was too big and had a red facial done (He might have applied the ‘Kumkum’ from the nearby temple).
    He alone came near to me walking down from terrace steps. Slowly step by step. My sister and brother didn’t notice him. Suddenly in a fraction of second, he caught my hand to seize my Mysore Pauk.

Aaa… My sister and anna started shouting at me to give it. Cha… I was too angry, why should I give mine and why no one is driving him instead. But that Hanumanji was too soft to me. He had very big nails but he was holding my hand so soft and tender. I felt that. He was trying to frighten me by roaring close to my face.

I was too determined to hold my Mysore pauk too tightly in my palm. My sister started threatening me, its going to scratch my face with big nails. I was afraid what will happen to my eyes ? So I left my hand open and he took away it… (Sob…Sob..)

My parents rushed, but no use. They consoled me giving me some other Mysore Pauk and sweets. But I was too worried only about the Mysore pauk I lost.

Flashback over.... Coming back to Chennai.
    Hey , I can hear someone asking 'What is the moral??'

Mmm.. it is simple 'If you are eating somthing you like a lot, take a piece that your palm can hold , Nowadays Hanumaji comes in the form of siblings or friends too ' ;-) hahahha

Cheers!!!
    SK

2. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear,
    I thought Hanuman loves mysore pak, thought how to make mysorepak malai.
    Another moral for your story : If you are eating something that you like and don't want others to share with it ,eat it alone in isolation without anyone's watchful eyes.
    Hilarious
    Jaya

3. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Wow... Nice tips Jaya ;-)
    I thought.... let me scrap something interesting and funny incidents of my life... instead of boring the readers telling all 'Thathuvams (Philosophy)'. Your comments in the form of 'another moral', interests me to write more.
    Thanks again.

SK

4. SHASHU

SHASHU Bronze IL'ite

Hi...

It was hilariuous.....
    So now you can offer to hanumanji "mysorepak malai instead Vadamalai".

Ha....Ha....Ha....

Shashu

5. swathi14

swathi14 IL Hall of Fame

Hai Sk

Hilarious post. That too the moral I liked it very much.

andal

6. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Sashu.... Thanks for your comments. Inimay Offer pannita pochu ;-) .

SK

7. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Andal... Thanks a lot for your comments.
    Well... many days I had worried... "adha vitutomay nu"
    But now its a funny memory...
    Will post more of my cerlac days memory soon.... ( I ate farex, cerlac till 7 ;-) )

Cheers!!!!
    SK

8. Nilaraseegan

Nilaraseegan Bronze IL'ite

9. subhsk

subhsk Senior IL'ite

Hi Nilaraseegan,

Welcome to my blog. Thanks for the feed back too.

Cheers!!!
    SK

10. Prem.S

Prem.S Silver IL'ite

Hi Subhsk,

Very hilarious post. The moral was the icing on cake :thumbsup
    Even i was like U, always munching some snacks and the habit continues till day:rotfl
    Your sis is too studious for that age, no wonder shes a lecturer. Enjoyed reading your blog :cheers
    Premsudha