H4 to F1 Visa Transfer

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by uma321, May 30, 2010.

1. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Ok, got it Pranam.
    Yeah, I do understand that a COS will not have the F-1 stamp. I was just confused whether I should initiate the COS or rather wait until my travel date and go for stamping directly(instead of a COS followed by stamping).
    I shall read-up on murthy more about this. I'm still debating whether a COS should be done or not because I know a friend who got it after 4 months while another friend got it in 1.5 months. So pretty much dependent on a lot of factors I guess.

2. qweasd

qweasd New IL'ite

Hi,

I am a housewife on H4. I am planning to do my masters here. I initially want to know how risky it is to change the status as my husband's green card processing began very recently and what are the chances of rejection if we visit india due to any reason?

3. Bharatii

Bharatii New IL'ite

Hi Friends,
    I want help for selecting the university I have got admit from
    Stevens Institute of technology,
    CUNY-city college of New York
    and still waiting for NJIT
    I applied for MS in Computer science
    Please suggest me which is the gud university?
    I am more inclined to CUNY...anybody from CUNY or thinking of it?
    Also I have the same question as in above post..How risky it is to apply for COS and what can be the problems?

4. himanisaluja

himanisaluja New IL'ite

What documents are required (originals and copies) to apply for COS to F1?

5. himanisaluja

himanisaluja New IL'ite

What should the cover letter on COS application look like?

6. aathirai

aathirai New IL'ite

Hi all

I am a house wife in San Diego
    I have 3 yrs of exp in Manual Testing with TCS
    I need a job very badly its 2 yrs being here so I have decided to change my status to F1 and join MS and get CPT and find job
    I am unable to get a college which will provide CPT.
    Can any one help me in providing any college details which provide MS with CPT & OPT in San Diego.
    I haven started with GRE is it fine to go with a college not requiring GRE for MS??
    Or is there any consultancy who could provide sponsorships for H1B if so let me know...
    Please help me...

Thanks in advance :)

7. reddy1122

reddy1122 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm new to this site and US.

I need some information on how to do MS in USA.
    Actually I have done my B.Tech in India and worked for 1.5 yrs back in India. I came to USA 3 moths back, I'm planning to do MS in USA.

I have few questions, Can anyone please answer.
    1) is it TOEFL mandatory to do MS in USA , if we are on H4 VISA ? are there any universities which can offer without TOEFL?

2) Exactly what's the procedure to go change H4 to F1 visa. Means from where do i need to start? Means need to get I-20 first or need to apply for college or need to apply for change of status from H4 to F1 ? Not sure from where do i need to start.

I'm seeing many threads in this link, didn't find complete procedure to change H4 to F1.

If anyone gives complete information, that would be great. Thank you.

Thanks,
    Reddy

8. Smile30

Smile30 Silver IL'ite

hi everyone......im done with my gre and toefl and going to apply some universities in only texas state.....

anyone from texas planning to get through universities for either fall or summer 2014?

9. breddy

breddy New IL'ite

hi smile....i am planning to write the GRE in us,could u plz help me where to get the reference material and sample test papers,etc........

10. sap9

sap9 New IL'ite

hi ladies
    i have a question regarding federal aid FAFSA and state funds.
    Currently i am on H4 visa. I have been residing in Austin, Texas, for the past 18 months and have applied for master's specialization program offered by UT Austin.

Since I am a non-citizen student , I would like to know whether I qualify for Texas residency and whether I am eligible to complete FAFSA and apply for state-funded financial aid programs or not.

Hey Smile for which program have u applied for??

Hey breddy you can get GRE prep books from the public library and also go through the magoosh blog and manhattan gre prep site for material and info. I reffered to them and it was very helpful.

thanks