1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

H2o

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Viswamitra, Jul 26, 2017.

1. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viswa sir
    That's a nice write-up on one of the five elements that's essential for human life.
    I love water. When we are near some falls the noise that is heard is like music to my ears and I totally get lost in the sound. Sometimes watching a still pond gazing at the ducks or swans is so enjoyable. Standing in the waves and feeling the water washing my feet leaves me with a wonderful feeling. I like to walk in the light drizzle by myself feeling every single drop.Last but not least Showers - they know my fears my tears my music. .

Viswamitra likes this.
  2. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

It is said that we evolved from aquatic creatures. No wonder we have such a great affinity with water. A timely thread at a time when vast areas of southern India are suffering from drought. We must learn to respect water and preserve it without polluting it and making it unusable. Let us remember water is life.-

Viswamitra and shyamala1234 like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Hariji:

Thank you for your response. We have a special affinity for water may be because 2/3 of the world is water and our body has the same proportion. As I said before, water is associated with Swadishthana Chakra and peace. Please find below the description of this Chakra:

"Swadhisthan Chakra: The second chakra is the chakra of creativity, pure attention and pure knowledge. It is the one which connects us to the inner source of inspiration, and enables us to experience the beauty around us. The pure knowledge given by this chakra is not mental, but it is direct perception of the Reality, that can be felt in our palms and indicates our subtle blockages. Also this is the center of pure, steady attention and power of concentration."

The existence of life won't be possible without the water and the search for water in other planets continues to find out about the existence of life in other planets. I am so happy to know that you had visited the origin of Ganga and Yamuna. Hope I will get an opportunity to do so someday.

Viswa

Viswa

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you for sharing your affinity for water. Water falls are very special. When I first visited Nayagara, my joy knew no bounds. Without realizing my friends were looking for me to have dinner together, I spent the entire time watching the falls from the Canadian border. As you said even watching a still pond with ducks and swans gives us serenity. Drizzle is a gift for rejuvenating our body. The feeling we get when the waves touch our feet gently and leave is sensational.

I read in a book to feel Self, one should walk bare feet in the vegetation near the water bodies early in the morning so that the droplets of dues will touch our feet. One should touch the ground and apply the droplets throughout the body. The recommendation was to sit still for an hour before the Sunrise watching the Sun slowly coming up. It was suggested if we do that for more than 45 days, we could transform into feeling our Self. If this is true, I don't mind trying it. :)

Viswa

Viswa

jskls likes this.
  5. Viswamitra

Dear Balajee,

You have given me a solid logical reason for our affinity towards water. Another good reason you had already stated in your last sentence. Yes. it is absolutely critical to preserve, protect and keep the water sources clean. I am glad so many countries have executed an accord on climate change and are ready to work together to avoid excessive pollution. According to the scientists, the composition of various things in this planet as it was created was ideal for the existence of life and if we change it through our irresponsible behavior, we will destroy life in the planet forever.

Viswa