1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

H1 2010

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by Priya84, Apr 7, 2009.

1. Priya84

Priya84 New IL'ite

Has anyone applied for H1 this year? Have you heard anything about this year's H1 Procedure from your lawyers?

2. work

work New IL'ite

Hi Priya84,

I have applied for h1 this year 2009.i didn't still heard from uscis or my lawyer..do u want to know anything particular about h1 procedure...??

3. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi ,
    There is nothing to know after applying. This time USCIS has declared that Lottery selection might not be there. so we just have to wait for the approval process to go through and the approval notice from USCIS. If there is anything which you need to know, it will be informed to your Consultant/Sponsorship Company , they will let you know about it.

so just relax and keep your fingers crossed.

4. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

yep ranchu is right ,no lottery this time,jus need to wait for the process to complete...:cheers
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

5. work

work New IL'ite

Hi everyone,

I wish i get it this year with out any problem..i used to work before i got married.so miss working...i applied last time but did not get it in lottery...

so hope this year i'll get lucky...

6. SuganyaJawahar

SuganyaJawahar Senior IL'ite

Hi..
    Anyone got the receipt or any kind of response from your employer for Normal Quota? I am planning to apply now but the company telling me that the amount I pay will not be refunded if my file is processed, So before proceeding, I am so cautious about not losing my money. What was your employer's vision on this issue? Did your employer said that they are gonna refund the money?? Pls help.

7. Ranchu

Ranchu Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Suganya,

I assume you have not understood the H1 Filing process completely. The 2k $ your consultant is asking is the fee for application for H1B visa. Just like how we pay Rs.150 (or something) to buy an admission form for college. Will that be refund ? No right ! its the same. This money is for H1 B application. It will not be refund.

However, when there is a lottery, and if (god forbid) you are not picked in lottery process, then your money will be given back.

since this year there is no lottery, whether the H1B is approved or not , the money will not be refund .

So what your consultant is asking for is correct.
    But the Question is are you going to apply now ? That is tooo late ! the application receiving date was from April 1 . So am not sure if you can apply now. Please check that.

8. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

but this year the cap has not filled yet...Dont have a lottery this time...!!u can still send..!
    <input id="gwProxy" type="hidden"><!--Session data--><input onclick="jsCall();" id="jsProxy" type="hidden">

9. vids

vids Senior IL'ite

Ranchu is right...you will not get back the filing fee and the attorney fee as there is no lottery this time... (Only if your case is not picked in lottery you will get the fee back as the forms aren't even processed. If they process your papers, the fee is gone - be it approval or rejection)

The quota hasn't been filled yet (As of Apr 9th...no updates after that...am guessing its not yet full, else there would be an update)... so you could apply.

People who applied in premium processing have started getting receipts and approvals (RFEs also), but non-premium processing folks haven't received anything yet.

You could check murthy forums for what the others are saying...!! :)

10. madhulika77

madhulika77 New IL'ite

good that priya started this thread..I was thinking of asking the same question in this forum...Even i haven't heard back anything from my lawyer...He says it takes sometime for general quota candidates to get the receipt atleast...So i am just crssing my fingers and waiting for something to happen..
    if anyone gets any info please keep posting..