Gynaec with a reputation for normal deliveries in Bangalore?

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Bangalore' started by just_sonal, Dec 2, 2008.

1. just_sonal

just_sonal New IL'ite

Kaumudi, thanks for replying. Would you happen to know if she routinely encourages patients to undergo vaginal deliveries?

2. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Sonal,

Just saw yr post, i had Jaya Bhat as my gynaec for my daughter's birth and my baby was due on the 1st of Jan 2000 but the lady was going out of station and was not available on that day so she induced pain and simply disappeared from the scene and left me in the handa of the interns and other docs. at manipal. The nurses and the docs kept saying that it would take another hour for me to deliver and I kept saying that I could feel the baby ready to come out. finally my mom yelled at the doc( intern )and at 4.18 they are telling me not to push and hurriedly shifted me to the delivery room where the pediatrician wasnt informed. they hurriedly injected my foot instead of the birthcanal for an epsiotomy and my daughter was born at 4:23. So you can imagine the chaos.

So i never went back to Jaya Bhat as the lady only found time to come back the following morning to see me. Throughly unprofessional if you ask me.

Dr. Gayatri Karthik is my gynaec now and I am happy with her

Just thought that you shd know
    Jayashree

3. just_sonal

just_sonal New IL'ite

This does sound like a very chaotic scenario. Did they allow your husband to be present in the delivery room?
    So she never came to know about whatever happened after she had left?
    I'm happy for you. :)

Sonal

4. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

hi Sonal,

This was almost 9 yrs ago. No they did not allow my husband inside at Manipal.

Dr. Bhat was in the hospital lining her pockets inserting copper Ts and performing tubectomies. Also my daughter was born on the 20th Dec 1999 and on the 21st morning a junior Doc came to me to ask if I wanted to go thru a tubectomy. The gall of the docs there. I think that it is a doc's responsibility to chk on the patient and Jaya Bhat had a responsibility to me and she and her experience was of no use when I had my baby after almost 8 hrs of labour.
    Jayashree

5. Amitha

Amitha Senior IL'ite

Cradle reviews are quite good. Maybe you can try there.

6. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi all,

i saw this thread and thought to read and collect some knowledge about gynec doc....i have heard Gayatri Karthik's name a lot for pregnancy related cases...someone has mentioned she is also commericalised...does it mean she also pushes her patients for c section....i want to know about Gayatri Karthik a lil more as one of my relatiove is visiting there...i want to change her doc well in time...

7. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

I didnt have her as my gynaec during my pregnancy but she is my MIL's gynaec and treated her for a prolapsed uterus with a ring pessary for almost 6 yrs and did not push for surgery till my MIL had to have surgery for umbilical hernia.

Dr. Gayatri is now both my MIL and my Gynaec and has never pushed for surgery. Has always left the choice to us

Jayashree

8. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayashree,

thanks for the response..........i am so relaxed to know that she never pushes anyone for surgery....thanks..
    Padma

9. jaymg

jaymg Gold IL'ite

Hi Padma,

What i am talking abt is not a delivery case so you could ask others as well

Jayashree

10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi Jayshree,

thanks for the information i will take care regarding this...