Guru Poorima

Discussion in 'Festivals, Functions & Rituals' started by venlax, Jul 9, 2017.

1. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Today is Guru Poornima. time to offer pranams to owr own Guru Param para & all other Gurus.

Pl spare some time to do this.today is Sunday.Don't waste ur valuable time.Do the following whatever possible :
    1.Attend sat sangs organised by ur own Guru parampara ( the Guru u are following).There u will get some the following activities fulfilled without much effort on ur part.

2.Go to Madas Sri Sankara madam, Sri Sringeri, Akobila etc. based on your birth/marriage/own liking.

3.Go to meditation/Pranayama/yoga retreats arranged by any sat sang if nom members allowed.

4.Go to temple , after worshiping the Gods sit in a corner without disturbing others & do meditate or think of ur own Guru,Family guru Parambara, Istadevatha ,Kuladevatha etc.

5.Nothing workout forcibly allot some time for u & spend that valuable time in the above activities .

6.Simply Listen to YouTube selecting Guru slogas ,religious songs etc,

7.If u are sick or aged don't worry.Follow step 6 if facility available through Computer if u can sit.Mobile Apps,internet,audio set ,songs/slogas recorded in mobile thro
    speaker, earphone etc. Tecno savvy yuga. use it. don't have ego at least today .seek the help of youngsters U can go to the extreme of begging them if they try to postpone or busy. The cause & its benefits worth it.

can write more .no time,no energy as i underwent Chemotherapy - 6th cycle yesterday & completely worn out.

As i am sick & aged & can't even go to Satsang today due to chemo, i think if even a very few people are benefited by this ,i thank God & All Guru Parambara .

"the woods are lovely ,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@venlax,

Thank you for your wonderful reminder to worship the Guru on the Guru Poornima Day. I am so delighted that you took time to remind everyone about it despite your health issues. When I read your snippet, I was practicing a melodious bhajan that I was planning to sing for my Guru tomorrow. Guru Poornima is such a special day one should never forget. We have to remember Veda Vyasa for His contribution to this world. There are so many Gurus who have made invaluable contribution to the humanity to help them lead a meaningful life and understand right living.

Viswa

3. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

Dear viswamitra,
    thanks. The credit goes to All guru Parambara & all Gods & my awakening at 2 p.m after a good sleep for 4 to 5 hours.Sorry to interfere in ur personal worship.if u have not included "Guru Astagam" in ur selected bhajans pl do so if interested after listening to it in YouTube with its meaning.It will bring tears of bliss.
    "The wood are lovely dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

4. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Dear Venlax,
    In spite of health problems you reminded all of us Gurupurnima. Thank you. I like the sloka....Gurubrahma gururvishnu gururdevo maheswara very much.
    Wishing you good health
    Regards
    Syamala

5. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

May Gurukria help you get well soon.

6. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear venlax,
    Matha Pitha Guru Deivam” is a very popular adage or phrase in Sanskrit language and often quoted in Hinduism. Transalated word for word, it is, “Mother Father Teacher God”. The meaning of this adage is the greatest truth, and is the order in which one should offer reverence. The phrase is a basic tenet in existence from the time of the Vedas and beyond and represents the hierarchy in which one should respect these entities.

First comes the mother (Matha or Mata) who gives birth to the child, thereby bringing us as a child into this world. Next comes the father (Pitha or Pita), because it is the mother who knows the truth about the father and she points us to the father. The mother and father then takes us to the teacher (Guru), and it is the guru, through his or her teachings, points us to God (Deivam or Devam). Here God represent the consciousness or self-awareness or our real self.
    Gurupurnima is a special day dedicated to all the gurus and thanks for posting it as a reminder to all,
    PS

shyamala1234 and iamsrihere like this.
  7. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

8. venlax

venlax Silver IL'ite

thanks Pushpavalli. Actually i should have reminded earlier so that many people would have benefited.In future let some one or many remember to post a reminder one week ahead .we can plan our divine activities shedding all other essential or non essential." This can wait that can wait but god will not wait" Paramahansa Yoganandaji.
    "The woods are lovely ,dark & deep but i have promises to keep & miles to go before i sleep"

joylokhi likes this.