1. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

Guidance -career

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by star90new, Jan 12, 2019.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies
    I am looking for career and future advice. As you all know, I resigned from job more than 6 months ago and was trying to do higher studies. Since that failed I am having second thoughts of my profession.

I have done Bachelors in Architecture and now it has been 5 years after I passed out. My experience is just over two years as I had issues at various firms due to timings, work load , transportation etc..

I also had to leave job twice due to husbands job change. I am still thinking of doing masters but at times I think of changing my field itself. Is there any other areas I can work in?

Sometimes I think,that my field is a dieing field so I better leave it and study something else. I am in my late twenties. Is Interior designing better compared to Construction Project Management?

Which has future scope? Should I leave higher education plans and try for government job?if we plan for two kids what will be the average cost of living in India?

I am second generation NRI in the Middle East. Will I be able to adjust in India? Or will countries like Canada or Australia be better? Should I try Migration?

2. Vidushi

Vidushi New IL'ite

Dear star90new,

Each one of us can tell you our own version of what one of our friends or acquaintances did in this particular/similar situation.

While that would make interesting reading and an increased understanding of many aspects of your question, finally, the decision lies with you.

The decision has to take into account not only your qualifications and the requirements of the industry you are in, but also your personality strengths, your innate aptitudes, your interests and passions and your personal value systems and your personal goals and aspirations.

Speak to a career mentor, get guidance to make a decision that could align all the above and map them to a futuristic career that you could find success and fulfilment at.

Vidushi
    Certified Career Mentor

Rihana and star90new like this.
  3. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Yes I am looking for others suggestions like is there anyone like me who worked in a field they don’t like much?