1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Greedy Mil

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Vedhavalli, Oct 8, 2018.

1. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

With the information that OP provided she is not sending any money so why make statements like “She can always send for her parents”

2. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Whose name is the house now??

3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

The house is in mil name. My DH and his father jointly bought a plot that they transferred to SIL name. Good Knows how much I struggle I took to save my gold n silver from them. PIL refused locker is not safe. I kept in locker before coming here.

SIL living with them but not doing any thing for PIL.
    MIL is cooking for SIL & her husband and they have a maid for other chores (that also beared by DH) .
    SIL and husband aren't paying single rupee towards parents or any service.for booking Uber or ola she takes money. She herself told. They are living and eating free. Saving thier whole salary.

Dh and sister got education from same school/ similar college.
    She got gold, silver, house, plot. Free place to stay, and free food. Never visited her inlaws. Hardly 3 times in 6 yr, they live in 6 hr distance.

PIL has steady income and rental incomes

I have huge home loan in India, i bought it with my savings. I used pay emi, prepayment. I bought the house because my PIL literally throwed us out thier daughter got married and they didn't like her to live in rental.so they gave her our bedroom. We couldn't take more. So within a month I bought a flat and moved out after a big usual indian mom-son dramas.
    After coming here DH pays emi, for that PIL fought. Between my parents gave few lakhs towards my home loan
    Before coming here, I was staying with my parents for 1.5 yrs with DD. Because MIL wanted to I pay my loan and if go to US expenses like rent, school, car would increase. She got all my husband's money not even a single $ he sent to me or my DD.
    When I came here, she didn't even bother to see off own son, granddaughter.
    They said your flight is late night 1 am. Can't come.
    All they want is money.
    I used to talk to her well, almost daily. But every now n then topic is money.
    Or telling me to come back have job & Repay home loan.
    PIL vampire of money. They want to give thier daughter.
    They don't want us to save for our DD, whenever I bring the topic of saving for DD simply put off by saying still a child.

Pls don't judge unless you know whole story. I'm already depressed don't hurt further

By living far tensions are more.
    They fancy everything and wants to gift all relatives events from our money but not in our name.
    Thank you for whomever gave idea n tips. Would try.

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  4. Vedhavalli

My parents are the ideal parents.
    They are retired from good govt positions have pension and rental income.
    Hope this clarifies you.

sindmani and shravs3 like this.
  5. Vedhavalli

We are single income family, I'm on H4 can't work . we have a DD and whole life ahead. Because of them we never take big vacations , PIL make us feel guilty , honestly I never went to movie here because hindi movies tickets are 25$. For that also they would ask where you went what you did.
    I'm not sending my parents and my parents don't compare between children.

6. Vedhavalli

Rightly said thank you !

shravs3 likes this.
  7. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

Your pil are same like mine. Same story as mine.
    Try to change the house to your husband name somehow

8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

How will that happen ? Are they so good that they will magically transfer the house to the son's name ??

9. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

It is not only ILs, the parents are also like that too.

Every time, when I call my mom, it is the same old story. The problem is, they have the idea of 'imaginary' - global life style of living off someone else money and got too comfortable.

What happen to live within the income, salary? You earn the money to spend it.

My sister rents her own single family house and lived in my apartment for 4-years. I remodeled the apartment and I was hoping that I can go to stay for 1-month every year; Without even telling me, she added another bathroom to the bedroom; Why cannot they live with 2-bathroom for 3 bed room apartment? Isn't that enough? It became big mess - When I asked about it, she created a big scene and settled 6L to move out (for overseeing the remodeling!). My mom moved in and later my brother with his family moved in without informing me. Because it is remodeled up to date, 3 bedrooms, 3 baths and fully furnished modular kitchen, everyone is after the property.

Now, my brother wants that apartment - transferred to his name. My mom is after me, when are you going to transfer the property to him? I told that he can have it after my days, it is too early at least I live for another 25 years healthy. She asks me, 'whom do she can contact, after I am gone' and what if, I changed my mind later? What kind of question is that? My brother has more than 1L per month rental property but he wants to occupy mine.

The mistake I made, fully furnished the apartment with kitchen, 2-beds, sofa, dinning table and said, 'let the apartment be empty', I like to stay once a month every year. It's 8-years, now. I stepped into the house once before furnishing it and once when my sister was living in it ( both times I stayed in hotel).

Ever since it was built, one after another, taking over that place. I have no place to go when I visit India and I stay in a hotel nearby, cost 10K per night (because they don't like my DH). But wants the property paid by him?

All I can say is, it is the fate. We are born to pay life long dues to them (so called our relatives). Same old, NRI horror stories.

The best I can do, don't call anyone in India. At least, I don't have to hear their sob stories! I hate when someone takes undue advantage of me.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2018
  10. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

If someone is a missing person, (never calls, skypes, writes aerograms, has inputs to whatsapp, facebook etc. etc.) there are provisions to declare that person dead, usually after x number of years. This information is usually found in the local estate/property laws.
    https://www.quora.com/What-does-it-mean-when-someone-says-Youre-dead-to-me

poovai likes this.