Granite Sink or Stainless Steel Sink?

Discussion in 'Housing' started by SudhaManimaran, Dec 24, 2011.

1. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Hi all,

Please provide your valuable feedback on which one to go..either stainless steel or granite sink.?
    Builder is advising us to go for stainless steel as it requires less mainteance which we can clean like our vessels.
    Granite sink wll have fungus in the corner if nt properly cleaned and will attracts cpckroach he is saying.
    Please throw ur input on this ...wht option we can go...

2. kirthihema

kirthihema Bronze IL'ite

if you are in a nuclear family stainless steel is good

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

sudha,

Since you are booking your flat in madipakkam i go towards a granite sink..reason the hardness of water which is very bad on the stainless steel sinks. .it leaves spots and after sometime there is rust too..If the granite sink is installed well, sealed on all the sides well, then you can chose a better depth to the sink too.. when it comes to cleaning both are same..i think granite sink is costlier than the stainless one.

i have a stainless steel inside the kitchen that i use for washing veges, and other things, while a granite sink for the vessels in the service area..

I aslo like the carysil sinks..i could not accomodate this earlier..eventhough a little costlier, it will be worth it..do check it out..

1 person likes this.
  4. SudhaManimaran

SudhaManimaran Bronze IL'ite

Thanks shanthi and krithihema for ur feedbacks...

5. aparnag

aparnag Platinum IL'ite

Sudha, i have seen my mother use these granite sinks and i personally have been using a SS sink for the past 5 years.. i would anyday feel and say SS are the best. Of course your are, the quality of water does matter...

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

granite is easy maintenance while cudappah sinks are a mess..

7. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

Granite sinks have more depth and can accommodate more vessels. Though stainless steel sinks seem easy to maintain they get white spots in the long run and get rusted. If not installed properly water leaks from the gap between sink and wall. Granite sinks are more durable. I vote for granite sinks