Got my periods twice in one month

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by Cherryb84, Oct 12, 2009.

1. Cherryb84

Cherryb84 New IL'ite

hi all,

i am new to this forum.. i have a quick question.. i have been married for a year and now trying to conceive but last month i got my periods twice with a gap of 15 days.

can anyone tell me when will i ovualte.. do i need to consulte a doctor...

thanks in advance
    cherry

2. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Periods do tend to get messed up when you first start trying to conceive. I don't know why. Admittedly, 15 days is too short. How long is it normally? Are you sure that you didn't conceive during the normal cycle before the short one? Call your doctor's office and ask to speak with a doctor or midwife and ask if this should be of any concern. Tell them also that you are trying to conceive since XXX. Call them for your peace of mind. They might call you in for an ultrasound and/or blood tests. If you haven't ever had these, they aren't too bad. Just warn the technician/nurse that you may whimper but to do their job anyway. If they do a transvaginal scan, it is uncomfortable but shouldn't be painful. Keep reminding yourself to relax.

3. Cherryb84

Cherryb84 New IL'ite

hi confused211.....

Thanks alot for your advice and taking time to reply..... usually my normal period cycle is 30-35 days...i m sure i dint conceive after my first period cycle..... and last month as i told you i got periods twice and it was a complete period not spotting...

presently i feel i am ovulating.. am sure..because of the symptoms... can we try to conceive at this time....
    i was trying to get an appointment with the doctor but i couldnt....

Please advice.....

4. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

Yes, I think you definitely should go ahead and try!

5. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Cherry,
    Welcome to Indus Ladies & to this forum... :)
    You can find our forum guidelines here...

Getting periods within 15 days is a tough one. With in 15 day how egg will get matured & when conception will happen & so on? Its good if you consult a gynec. May be hormonal study will clear the confusions.

But if you couldn't get a chance to meet a gynec, watch yourself for another month. If things become normal, then fine, else meeting a gynec will become compulsary since you are in TTC.

If you are dealing with more stress, anxiety, try to calm down yourself & know your cycle's behaviour. Eat healthy too!
    Baby dust to you!

6. Cherryb84

Cherryb84 New IL'ite

Hi vasumathy,

Thanks alot for the warm welcome to the forum.

Am very afraid with the harmonal changes as i came to know it will take long time for the hormones to come back to normal.

I just started planning for the kids.. jsut with curiosity i am asking you.. will i need to wait long to conceive......

Confused211: Sure will try .....

Thanks
    Cherry

7. Confused211

Confused211 Gold IL'ite

That is such an individual question based on you and your partner. I hope that everything is normal, that 15 days thing was a one-off occurrence, and you'll get your heart's desire fulfilled soon.

Have you been preparing your bodies for it with proper eating habits and exercise and vitamins? Read up about it, and prepare yourselves before ttc, if you haven't already. It isn't overdoing it if you see an ob/gyn before ttc for advice. Make sure you don't have any infections, you aren't anemic etc. Infections as in, doesn't even have to be something offensive. Even a yeast infection or a gardnella infection can be an irritant for ttc efforts.

Try charting BBT for sometime while getting into good health and shape (the latter is for both of you). Most inexpensive way to monitor your cycle - BBT. There have been several posts in the ttc forum about what it is, and how to chart. Or, google! Or bing, is it, the new search engine from Microsoft? I haven't explored it yet. Right after I log off from here, am off to see it.

8. Vasumathy

Hormone imbalance can be cured. The time it takes to come to normal depends on the condition of hormone.. Not necessarily it will be months.... Just calm yourself. It may vanish on its own. Don't stress yourself for HPT positive. Be happy. Have a positive frame of mind.
    Baby dust to you!

9. Cherryb84

Cherryb84 New IL'ite

i have been taking prenatal vitamins since 3 months..and i thought i can ttc from september
    after periods... but i got periods twice and didnt knew what to do:bang.....

neways i appreciate ur time and effort for guiding me.. will surly follow ur guidelines....:thumbsup

10. Vasumathy

Be cool. Try to track your Fertile days & try it!
    Things may click any time. Don't worry.
    Soon things will settle down. Be patient & eat healthy.

Baby dust to you!