Good Brands of masala powders

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by tinku, May 5, 2012.

1. currynspice

currynspice New IL'ite

Does anyone know of a good brand of masala powder that is specially recommended for seafood, mutton, egg curries?

2. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Is Sakti masala powder good for people having piles? Please help me...

3. AlizaPezer

AlizaPezer Junior IL'ite

i use curry pattas with them.

4. pallavik96

pallavik96 New IL'ite

Is Sakti masala powder good for people having piles? Please help me...

5. christine014

christine014 Gold IL'ite

Hi currynspice,
    I used Everest mutton masala a number of times and it tastes just fine. But its better if we can make our very own dry garam masala at home, it tastes better than packet masala.

1 person likes this.
  6. vijikrish

vijikrish Gold IL'ite

Shan is best I have heard for Non-veg food. I do not use since Iam a veg and I like MTR or Everest.

7. kaycek2000

kaycek2000 New IL'ite

Hi, I am a south Indian and vegetarian. I always use Baba's sambar powder from Malaysia which is the best powder I've known. Since I was out and unable to get it in the US, I tried Badshah Madras sambar powder and Everest sambar powder. Both were just OK not excellent or anything!. I tried MTR sambar powder once and was not very pleased. I am going to try Sakthi sambar powder which I heard is too hot. I tried a good variety Briyani powders and found Shan's special Bombay Briyani powder is the best. I added a bunch of Mint leaves, garlic and ginger in addition to the powder. The result was very very close to any Military hotel/Muniyandi Vilas briyani as per my family members!

8. BRS

BRS New IL'ite

Everest Brand Shahi Biryani Masala for veg Biryani,Everest rajma masala,shahi paneer masala are all very tasty.for Madras sambhar it is ony MTR brand for me.

9. hrastro

hrastro Platinum IL'ite

Best to make powders at home for regular use - I buy amchur powder and chaat masala of everest,

Other than that, sambhar powder, rasam powder, curry powder, vangi bath powder, gutti vankaya, tea masala, dhaniya, jeera, pepper, garam masala, red chilli powder and even turmeric - all of them made at home - I've tried several brands for sambar and rasam, but none of them worked out in taste, freshness and richness!!!

In fact, after making red chilli powder and turmeric at home, I realise that even they are not so good even when we buy the best brands - aashirwad, everest, mdh or sakthi or mtr or grand sweets - nothing compared to home-made !!!!

1 person likes this.
  10. stillwaters

stillwaters Gold IL'ite

hi all,
    anyone knows a good brand for pau bhaji masala ? or even a good home made recipe ?
    i have bought several brands but none of them have that typical pav bhaji smell.