1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God travels in mysterious ways...!!!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SM11870, Jan 9, 2012.

1. SM11870

SM11870 Silver IL'ite

Once I had read a small and beautiful poem about God. Though I can't remember it, the first lines are

God travels in mysterious ways
    for miracles to perform....

I always used to wander how can we feel it, how God answers our prayers...????
    And this New Year I got my answers which I would like to share with you all.

On the very first day of this New Year we (me n my hubby dearest) had a small row over some petty matters and as usual I was quite upset. The whole day whatever I did, everything went wrong which added fuel to my already crossed mood. Idiotic thoughts like "why God made me short, I am unable to learn driving, why didn't I get any good job when my grades are good, why this and why that.."? My mood swings affected my hubby's mood too and the temperature at my home rose up. I was unable to bear the heat and decided to go for a walk. I went to a nearby temple to find answers to all my questions-the most important being "why can’t God keep me happy, if others can have happiness why can't I"?

It was about three 'o clock in the afternoon and the temple was quite empty with hardly one or two visitors. I sat down on the hall and cried helplessly for few minutes. Then I closed my eyes, prayed and sat silently for sometime. After few minutes I decided to return back as I was getting worried for my son (he was sleeping when I went).I was quite depressed as my mood was all the same and since I was confident of getting some answers to my questions but they were still unanswered. I was following the normal route to my home when it suddenly occurred to me to follow a shorter way so that I can reach sooner. I took the short cut through a park and reached the other side of the road when I spotted a dwarf man carrying loads in a small bicycle. The load was perhaps twice his weight. I stood there watching him-his legs hardly reached the pedals but neither was he grumbling nor was he asking for any help as he was trying to load his cycle. After few minutes he simply loaded his cycle and rode away.

I kept wandering, I was in a better position than him but still then I was not happy. Since morning I kept complaining over trivial, small matters like job, maids etc and spoilt mine as well as my hubby’s New Year plans but that man who is perhaps working on a holiday is neither complaining about his height nor about the loads on his bicycle. I realized that a person can only be happy if he wants to be happy. It is our attitude that keeps us happy or unhappy. Happiness can never be found in the outside world, it lies there deep within our heart. There are people like me whom God has bestowed so many gifts in the form of a good family, a loving husband, a job and last but not the least a cute baby after a long gap but still I am not contented. Whereas there are such people whom God has not even given a perfect body but still he is happy with what he has. And here I am who instead of being thankful to Almighty is brooding throughout the day,I was really feeling ashamed when suddenly a thought came that perhaps to answer my prayers God made me to choose this shortcut instead of the usual route that I used to take.

I had received all my answers. Indeed God has traveled in a mysterious way for answering my questions…………….

Happy New Year to all ILites..:)

5 people like this.

2. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

Thats a Nice write up. I have lot of times wondered"Why me god". But Later when i see ppl who are worse than me i feel that i am lucky that i have surpassed it

3. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one SM
    My grandfather use to always say when this why?? comes in the question, like why I am this way, why I am not having this and that, he use to tell when you feel you don't have this see the other person who just cannot afford what you are having and that will make you happier.
    You post eactly speaks about it. HIS ways of understanding is always different.

4. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi buddy,

I was really impressed by the line "A person can only be happy if he wants to be happy".
    I too realized how true it is! Thanks for enlightening....

Best Regards,
    Sharmila

5. EverHappy

EverHappy Platinum IL'ite

Excellently written. Completely agree that we can be happy only if we want to be happy.
    Co-incidence is that way God hides his miracles. He works through the whole nature to give us a message sometimes.

Bliss or Happiness is the innate nature of the Human heart but we pollute it with a thousand thoughts and be unhappy.
    Wish you a Very Happy New Year!

6. knbg

knbg Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi SM,
    A good reflection dear......Your post reminded me of an old tamil song......I'm trying to translate it ......It goes like.....Dilemma...Disheartened.....? ......Confusion in your mind......? .....Worried about your life....?....There are millions below you....think about them and seek peace......

7. vidukarth

vidukarth Platinum IL'ite

very nice heart touching post...
    true, my dad always says, do not look to others superior to you, instead look at others below you, then you will know that you a leading a princely life..

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

SM,
    Thanks for the wonderful post!!
    Great way to start a New Year.
    Very true.. Happiness lies within ourselves.

9. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

HI,
    Nice write up. I wish to share my experience with you all. Last sunday we went to downtown Los angeles (we live nearby) to get some stuff for my daughter. Some of you people might have known that the Los Angeles downtown is notorious for homeless people. When we were passing in the car, I saw a public park full of homeless people roaming around.They are waiting to use the toilet there. I saw them just for a minute, but it disturbed me a lot. I am usually of a complaining nature. On that sight the first thought came to my mind is
    COUNT YOUR BLESSINGS, INSTEAD OF YOUR CURSINGS. Even though we know that this events remind and reassure our blessings. I was very much disturbed that day.

I like to quote Sri Sri Sri Ravishankar`s words here THERE MAY BE THOUSAND REASONS TO BE UNHAPPY IN LIFE, BUT NO REASON IS NEEDED TO BE HAPPY.

10. spuppala

spuppala Gold IL'ite

No worries that I read this very late..but you have made a very meaningful statement in it,Happiness can't be found anywhere outside..such a true realisation dear...Am happy for you..

Be cheerful and be happy with what you are..It doesn't mean to restrict yourself to aim high but enjoy your life ..
    I wish you a very happy and prosperous new year!