1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

God Strengthens Us

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Sarah61212, Jan 27, 2013.

1. Sarah61212

Sarah61212 Silver IL'ite

Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. (2 Corinthians 3:17)

Trust in the Lord and take courage. He will renew your strength.

A lion hit upon a deceitful plan to assuage its hunger. It sent a message to all the animals in the forest that it was lying sick on its death bed, and would like them all to come and have a last look at it.

The animals met and decided to pay their last respects to their king, and trooped one by one into the lion’s cave. The turn of the captain of the foxes came. Scenting its approach from within the cave, the lion invited it to come in and see its diseased body.

The wily fox replied, “Sure, I will come in! I see so many footprints of animals which have gone into your cave, but none coming out of it. So there must be quite a big crowd inside now. After all the animals come out, I shall come with all my company.” The lion felt ashamed that the fox had been too clever for it and began roaring aloud. The fox took to its heels. The Holy Spirit also alerts us of the machinations of the devil and saves us from him.

This is what the Holy Spirit did in the life of Lord Jesus also. Every morning as He went to meet His Father in prayer, the Holy Spirit would indicate to Him all that would happen that day. Lord Jesus obeyed the voice of the Father and overcame the devil (Deuteronomy 8:3, Deuteronomy 6:16). That is why none could find any fault in His life, and Christ could throw a challenge: “Can any of you prove me guilty of sin?” (John 8:46). His life was so spotless and pure that even the devil testified of Him: “Jesus, Son of the Most High God” (Mark 5:7).

Don’t say all the time that you are a weak person. The Holy Spirit has been sent just to strengthen you. He is all powerful! The Bible says, “Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom” (2 Corinthians 3:17). The Holy Spirit will set you free from your problems. He will renew your strength.

Loving Lord Jesus, You are all powerful. I trust in You. I lift up my eyes to You. I rely on your power and guidance. Fill me with the Holy Spirit. Guide me with your counsel. Give me the strength to overcome all the trials. Grant me immense peace. In Your matchless name I pray. Amen.