1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Gift options for parents and in laws.

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by abhasharma30apr, Mar 4, 2013.

1. abhasharma30apr

abhasharma30apr New IL'ite

Hi ,
    I am visiting India next month(April),first time after my wedding.
    I would like to bring some nice gifts for my parents and in-laws.
    I dont want to gift them watch,cell,vallet,perfumes or cloths or makeup as theya re very simple and they will get all these things in India.(they dont use electronice much.they have laptop ,camera already)
    Looking for something that might not be very expensive but very useful for them.In short anything that we might not easily find in India,and that will make them happy :)

I want something that will surprise them.please share your innovative ideas for gifts.
    also i want to gift my 2 sisters back in india,I have already bought nice jackets & T-shirt for them additionally bought some makeup as well.(last time i gifted them i-pod,watches, perfumes,makeup,shampoo and cloths last time and dont want to repeat it this time)
    Also it would be really helpful if you could If possible - pls also include the brand name, name of store or website you bought it from And price as well

2. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

Your parents and in-law are old age, so try to give some useful small electronic items which make their work easy.. In online once i found electric coconut grater, but when search for the same not found any.. And tastes and choices are diff to each, u only can decide depends on that :)