1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ghosts At Night

Discussion in 'Cheeniya's Senile Ramblings' started by Cheeniya, Mar 9, 2017.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear suryakalaunt
    After reading your feedback, I googled for information on two people having a same dream and the amount of information on this subject made my head roll! I asked a friend of mine who is a well known psychologist about such cases. 'Two people having a similar dream?' he repeated. Tell them to enjoy it, he added. He looked to me to be side tracking the issue. I realised that he either did not have an answer for it or he did not want to take the trouble of explaining it. I am quite well known among my friends for the time I usually take in assimilating any piece of information. He simply added that it was quite possible for two people to have the same dream. With that he closed our phone call.

Shakespeare never fails to give me a shudder whenever his name is mentioned to me. It was no different in this case!
    Sri

suryakala and satchitananda like this.
  2. Cheeniya

Dear PS
    Did you hear me crying out 'Et tu PS?' At some point in my middle age, I did not seem to be getting anything right in my life. A friend of mine suggested to me that I should seek the help of a planchette. He gave detailed instructions about how to create one. On an auspicious day, I made one and sate in front of it with my forehead smeared with holy ash. I switched off the electric light and used a candle. I sat in front of it with my finger lightly touching a piece of coin. When it seemed to drag my finger, I asked the name of the medium. It answered 'Thomas Pimpernal' and added that I was wasting his time and mine! There was no movement after that. I realised that planchette mediums could be extremely touchy. There ended my planchette experiment!
    Sri

3. Cheeniya

Dear joylokhi
    Every person gets ghost crazy for a brief period in his life. Don't ask me why. I just made that casual observation! My grandson who is doing higher medicine in London was a great fan of blood-curdling stories. He used to read stories of violent nature with blood spilling out of every page. Little did I know that he was aspiring to become surgeon someday!
    A friend of mine in school was a great fan of Dracula. Very often, he would draw two red lines on either side of his mouth implying that he had just had a nourishing glass of blood! He is now running a financing company!
    Sri

joylokhi and momsky like this.
  4. Cheeniya

The best way to tackle this problem is to keep your clock fixed at 12 noon. There used to be a saying that 'Sun never sets on the British Empire' . In your case, the sun never rises in the Ghost Empire!
    Sri

beautifullife30 likes this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear Syamala
    There was a time in my life when I never stopped singing the songs that you have mentioned. I even now lapse into my singing cessions of old Hindi and Tamil songs. For a short while, I lapsed into English songs until a neighbour asked me why I was always shouting at my wife as she seemed a soft, nice woman! On normal days, I invariably sang Rafi's songs but whenever I caught a cold, I would switch over to Mukesh!
    Sri

joylokhi likes this.
  6. Cheeniya

My dear kkrish
    Now that you confess about never having met any ghost in your life, I let out an anguished cry! What about your grandparents? They too let you down in this important phase of life? What a great loss indeed!
    I have not had the pleasure of reading Rebecca. After you mentioned it, I rushed to google to get some insight about it so that when someone mentioned it next time, I could respond eloquently!
    Baliah was a class act in that scene. I normally never laugh out aloud but in this particular instance I did unashamedly!
    Sri

kkrish likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Srama
    A typically lovable Sabi stuff! Enjoyed your response immensely. But I must confess that you have rattled the wits out me by mentioning Ghost titles that I have never heard of before. I must tell you that I have made a special note of the Teenage witch Sabrina. Next time we meet, we will have a cozy chat about her. You are talking about some Godforsaken place that your dad got posted to. Talking of Godforsaken places, Tuticorin would easily take the cake in the '60s! If God drew a list of places forsaken by him, Tuticorin would be like Abou Ben Adam except that no one would say 'May its tribe increase'!
    Sri

Srama likes this.
  8. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

Cheeniya sir, I don't read alot of ghost stories but I believe when I hear them from my elders. Actually, when I was a young child, I feared folklore monsters more than ghosts but my mother insisted that I should be more scared of the ghost since it can follow you :fearscream:. In India, we believe in Sade Sati, but, in places like Hong Kong, they believe that if a ghost is bound to you, they will remain with you for 7 years and you'll have many bad luck unless you force them out.

I thank God, I have not seen one, but definitely, I have experienced some weird phenomenal.

Amica likes this.
  9. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Cheeniya Sir,

Your narration of Ghost stories from your maternal grandma is more captivating than the story you read when you were in Mid 20s. I have never heard of ghosts impersonating someone at home. I have heard of stories like Rajnikanth explaining to Vadivelu about the symptoms of ghost entering the house.

Whenever, we visited our maternal grandparents village to stay for summer vacation, my uncles used to tell a lot of stories of ghost appearances in the village. Mostly, they prefer to go to movies late at night and when younger one wanted to accompany them, they used to tell all these stories. If we persevere, they take us with them to the movie but explain the places like a)single palm tree, b) an old choultry unoccupied for years as most haunted. They tell wonderful stories about Kollivay Pisasu. They used to threaten it would ask questions about Slogams and if we don't answer, it would hit the person and make that person lose consciousness. What all I went through to see a movie can't be explained in a paragraph.

I have told this real life experience before in another thread but will repeat it again here. When we migrated to the US in 1995, we lived in a two bedroom apartment. My son used to sleep in one when my wife and I slept in the other. Occasionally, my son used to say a girl was talking to him in the night. I thought he was talking about one of his friends. Another day, he screamed in the night complaining that his cot was shaking and came running to our bedroom crying. We asked him to sleep in our bed room. Later, my in-laws visited us and my father-in-law complained about the same thing. However, within a few days, we bought a new home and moved in. So the problem was resolved.

Viswa

momsky likes this.
  10. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Interesting write up Cheeniya Sir! In villages this topic is discussed very often and many swear in the name of God that they have seen the ghost.

I had an interesting experience in 1983.After my father's demise my Amma refused to believe that father was no more and after 6 months she realised.She was living with my sister, brother-in-law and children in a village on the bank of cauvery.I took leave for two days and went from Chennai by bus.The bus stopped in the main road on the bank of cauvery at about 4 A. M. As it was very dark and as I had to walk nearly a mile through paddy fields I sat on a cement bench for 30 mts. As it was summer, some people started walking along the road.I too started walking towards the village with a small bag.4 ladies were coming with pots from the village.On seeing me, they just stopped and asked" Neeya?" ( Are you ?) I was wondering how they would have recognized me, since I was visiting the place for the first time.The second lady also said" neeya?" and started running.I heard them saying'athu avale thaan.( It is 'she' only. They started running with great speed dropping the brass pot.Sympathetically enough I called them back.They roared aloud,gasping for breath and ran.Within 15 mts I reached home and was talking to my mother.At about 6.30 my sister asked me to draw a big kolam as it was some festival.As I was kneeling and decorating kolam, one girl came near me, saw me with suspicion, ran into our house and informed my sister that a ghost was drawing kolam in the front yard.She dragged my sister out. My sister confirmed that I am her sister come from Madras.That girl brought all the four women to me.They said that some 20 days ago a lady had committed suicide drowning in the river and she had very similar looks of mine, green saree, two nose screws etc etc.In the early morning they had mistaken me to be the ghost of that girl and started running out of fear.Every one laughed and my sister's daughters started calling me as 'Pei sithi' thereafter.That is how I was transformed into a ghost.Whenever i visited the village later neighbours used to address me as 'pei thangai.

Whether I have seen ghost or not, the experience of being seen as ghost was more interesting.
    I deserve this and much more for having visited the village in early morning hrs.Having been brought up in village I was never afraid to go out even at 3.30 or 4A. M . in the morning.
    Jayasala 42

Srama, momsky, Doree and 1 other person like this.