1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Garlic - Health benefits

Discussion in 'Interesting Shares' started by ArjunKumanan, Sep 19, 2015.

1. ArjunKumanan

ArjunKumanan Senior IL'ite

Garlic plays vital role in Southern Cuisine.(In Tamil Poondu / Vellaipoondu; Telugu Vellulli / Velluri / Ullipayilu / Vellipaaya / Tellapaayalu / Velluli Payalu; Kannada Bellulli; Hindi Lehsan / Lasun). It has wonderful medicinal benefits. Garlic increases immunity power and fight against infections. Hence it’s a very useful remedy for common cold. Eating 3-5 peels(roasted) during breakfast, lunch n dinner will completely get rid off common cold. Being building healthy immune system it helps to control Sinus. Regular consumption of Garlic reduce the risk of cancer. It also reduces excess fat in the Liver.

Garlic can add value not only for your food taste but also on your overall health.

2. surekhap

surekhap Platinum IL'ite

ArjunKumanan i would like to add one more . garlic is also used to reduce the belly fat and helps in wait reduction if taken with the lemon, honey in luck warm water.

Thyagarajan and ArjunKumanan like this.
  3. ArjunKumanan

superb:) i also hear that skin problems like acne, white head gets reduced gradually when consuming garlic regularly.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  4. lifeinstyle

lifeinstyle New IL'ite

eat few pods of garlic every morning empty stomach. works wonders

Thyagarajan and ArjunKumanan like this.
  5. imaahna

imaahna New IL'ite

Is it true that the regular intake to garlic prevents cancer disease in humans?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. ArjunKumanan

Ya thats true. try to have balanced indian diet. It worths a lot. Coriander leaves, Spinach, cumin seeds and many indian spices help to build the human immunity system in a very better way.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. vathsala30

vathsala30 Platinum IL'ite

We take hot milk boiled with 3 or 4 flakes of garlic, without sugar for gastric problem . Same will be taken by new moms to get sumptuous milk for her baby. For pimples we apply a paste of one garlic clove, 4 or 5 tulasi leaves, one pinch turmeric powder .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. vathsala30

My sister is a BP patient. Sometimes all of a sudden her BP will shoot up due to tension or some other reasons like if go outing and stay outside for a long time or if she is strained, she develops giddiness. Immediately she takes one garlic pearl capsule for emergency which she carries with her always and the BP will come down to normal.

9. virtualkv2020

virtualkv2020 Platinum IL'ite

I heard that garlic is also used in Ayurvedic hair pack and hair oil preparations and is known to promote new hair growth.

vathsala30 likes this.
  10. vathsala30

yes. I apply a paste of two or three cloves of garlic along with 3 spoonful of onion pieces, half spoon of lime juice, 1/2 spoon ACV, hibiscus and curry leaves to my scalp and massage it. After half an hour rinse of with mild shampoo or shikakai powder. hairfall stops and new hair will grow in a couple of months.
    another remedy is to apply a paste of fresh coconut and curry leaves to the scalp and massage,, leave it for 30 mts and wash the hair with shikakai powder or rita paste.

virtualkv2020 likes this.