Futurology

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Gauri03, Aug 20, 2016.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

That's weirdly interesting! Being a non-practicer is liberating as it does not perplex one on types of shrines to visit these days. Shall I step out or hold by VR gear? In the same token, I found this article picking ..

This Pastor Is Putting His Faith in a Virtual Reality Church

For the Catholic Church, virtual reality poses more fundamental problems. The church recognizes seven sacraments, religious ceremonies that including baptism and the eucharist, where followers consume bread and wine that have been “transubstantiated” into Jesus’ body and blood. The eucharist is central to Catholic mass. But in 2002, the Vatican officially declared that there could be no online or virtual sacraments. “Virtual reality cannot substitute for the real presence of Christ in the Eucharist,” the document reads. “Sacraments on the internet do not exist.”

These rules make digital religion tricky even beyond the Catholic Church. In 2016, the Church of Scotland, a protestant denomination, announced that it was considering performing online baptisms, amid plummeting membership. But the church quickly withdrew the idea amid a sharp backlash among the press. Soto believes that he’s in the clear within the Protestant Church, where the sacraments are considered largely symbolic. In his view, the ponds and streams in AltSpaceVR provide a perfect place to immerse an avatar in baptismal water. Still, the idea makes many of his fellow ministers uncomfortable.

Digital ponds and streams for baptism, hmm!

I read an article recently on extreme hostility towards infidels and 'so-called' humanists and crisis of natural science over the supernatural. When you mingle with people who are similar to your reproachful tastes, sometimes, you forget what it is like to interact with people at large and their divergent beliefs. Tell you, for a good part of my naive life (pre-teens) I assumed that every one crossed over to fact from faith just because ... just because in my shallow world of dweebs we were all philistine like-minded and supernatural didn't intrude much in our interactions. With digital ponds and streams to immerse the avatars, I might convert now to experience the VR shenanigans.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2018
  2. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Get an Occult already, Middle East welcomes you to the 'Mecca experience' from the comfort of your crowdless couch! ;):grinning:

3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Naive inqiury -- I am bombarded with so much of AR and VR flash news in my feed that I feel I am living in a damp cave with primitive tools unable to harness the technological advancements in my routine.

Has the technology really taken off to mainstream or still only on the edge? I follow the news but assume it is yet not mainstream as was the smartphone a decade ago. Are we buying VR holiday packages now from Total Recall?

4. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Has anyone watched Lost in Space (2018)?

I binge-watched it last weekend.

kaniths likes this.
  5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You might like

Terry Gilliam, dystopian society, lost souls, pizza, waiting for godot, what is not there to like in it.

kaniths likes this.
  6. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

Hm almost mainstream I would say, occult is still pricey much but there are other players in the market worth a try. A simple Samsung VR for example.

7. kaniths

kaniths IL Hall of Fame

#VR #India!

Screenshot_2018-06-07-23-07-38-176_com.google.android.gm~01.png

Fascinating isn't? And 2025 isn't too far! ;)

8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Scary! How is everyone keeping up with the escalating technology, while I still struggle with the gestures on my smart phone.

Consumer technology in India is galloping! Uber and Swiggy have stunned me. The ease of travel and leisure of dining have been overturned with these apps. On my last visit, I ordered dosa and upma for breakfast, meat biryani for lunch, and chicken for dinner with utter disregard to my diet as I enjoyed the hassle-free delivery of Swiggy.

The facilitating apps are ridiculous and adorable for they pamper you to your fancies. The life style in India has greatly enhanced with these benefiting apps. I enjoy my visits more now to earlier because of the indulgence to travel unplanned with a click and dine in pajamas at home on return (food delivered!).

Swiggy has tie up with unassuming eateries and bakeries in the locality. Hence, I hurry to return to my unkempt pad after visiting my parents to explore such extravagant fare and learn operating these funky apps. I am yet to play around with the flipkart. What else can I ask for! Yumsy! Awaiting VR in India!

kaniths likes this.
  9. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

A few electrodes plugged into your brain, and you can enjoy delectable VR flavors in Nutri-Goop and stay on your diet at the same time!! :eek:

10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Hoy, last time you duped me with lab meat and now advising spiked electrodes to simulate the flavors of biryani and ras malai. You are a danger to the gourmand community who thrive on 'natural' and sensual appetites.

My natural diet undulates with electromagnetic force of one kilo loss and two kilos gain followed by two kilos loss and one kilo gain.