1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

Fun discussion about Dreams :)

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by jaykay, Feb 7, 2012.

1. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends,

I always get dreams at night....I mean ALWAYS! I cannot remember even one night's sleep without dreaming. I wonder if it is the same for everyone?:hide:

The dreams are so complicated with twists and turns. One night I would solve a Maths problem that has been bugging me for years,one night I would be involved in chasing a criminal, one night I would be travelling to some exotic place. But the thing is every night it would be a new topic :rotfl

Sometimes I dream of people who are long dead and gone and I had not even thought of for many years.

Some main dreams revolve around going for an exam but having prepared for the wrong subject and trying to cross a huge water logged marshy area on a narrow path.

Last night I dreamt that I was with friends and family attending a wedding, suddenly I am climbing impossibly huge stairs to go to the dining area. There I find everyone enjoying a delicious non-veg meal and I am really hurt because no one had thought of taking me with them. I walk out telling them that I am going home. On the way I end up in the vegetarian section with some friends and queue up for a dosa when the cooks announce it is their nap time and go away. So we wait and they come back and we fill our plates and sit cross legged on the floor. By now I am extremely hungry, I notice a nice dish that has not been served on my plate. I get up and go around to it but it has been cleared away and when I return my plate is gone as well! :rant :hiya :drowning

So sorry for this long post, but I find my dreams hilarious and I can remember most details almost all the time!

Any analysis? Please share your views and funny dreams and nightmares as well.

Thanks for reading this!

Jay

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Our subconscious mind registers many things that happen around us, that we hear, that we consider less important & brush aside and what not! all these takes form, gets connected with one another and gives us funny dreams and certain suppressed fears & emotions gives nightmares.

It is very common for anyone. may be the frequency of getting such dreams changes. In dream all crazy things takes form. There are also such dreams where one gets chased by some unknown and when trying to shout voice never come, trying to run fast but legs will be weak to run....so on....

But you are lucky that you are getting exotic [​IMG]and good foodie [​IMG] dreams. [which I get very rarely :-( ] So keep dreaming! [​IMG]

To avoid nightmares, I practice this and succeeded :- When a scary thought comes after I switch off the light and go to bed, i think about it again and again for 3 times saying what is there to fear (like seeing a cinema shooting) and then go to sleep. So never get nightmares [​IMG]especially after helplessly watching a scary movie with hubby

1 person likes this.
  3. jaykay

jaykay Bronze IL'ite

Thank you Mira for your response. Dreams stem from the subconscious and this makes me wonder about the power of the subconscious mind! So this means that our brain keeps on working continuously like our heart keeps on pumping!
    The tip that you gave for avoiding nightmares made me think......now every night I am going to think of some positive thing that I would like to do the next day and see if I can condition my mind!
    Will keep you posted ;D

Cheers
    Jay