1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Forgetting

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Mar 27, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Nice to read your experience. thanks

Thyagarajan likes this.
  2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Earlier when young I was careful while in the kitchen. But two years back one after frying papad forgot to put off the gas and luckily my son in law who is My husband's nephew cleaned the full okace. Luckily my husband did not know otherwise he would have shouted . Also once forgot to close the gas after boiling water. After that I am very careful.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Very true mami

4. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji,

It has been a long time since I have responded to any of your writings due to health issues and personal commitments.

Forgetting reading glasses, and other daily use items is normal due to ageing process,, which we all undergo at various stages of life. But what would you say of a mother who is not able to recognize her son or daughter due to dementia. When my my brother came to see my mother from overseas after a lapse of 2 years, she couldn't recognize him. All his efforts to revive her memory by showing his old photos with her or family photos failed. He burst in to tears and for the first time in my life I was dumbfound, struggling for words to console him.

Agatha83

iyerviji likes this.
  5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:That’s why my spouse insists to see beneath the vessel or container for any flame yet every time I switch off the burner proper.
    God bless us our activity with awareness. Never mechanical.

6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

That is very sad dear. No one can console. Nobody should have dementia. Very touching to read your feedback. My brother inlaw's wife died at the age of 52 yrs and before her death.she could not recognise anyone