1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

For the Moms who just moved to US

Discussion in 'H4 Indian Ladies' started by SonaliDB, Dec 3, 2011.

1. SonaliDB

SonaliDB New IL'ite

You've been raising your kids for a while now and you have got the hang of it. You know their temper tantrums and how to handle it. You're in control and still manage to stay calm. You've done a good job so far.
    Now you've moved to US with your family.Things haven't completely changed. Still the dynamics of Mother-Kid relationship are the same. As a friend, I would like to give you a few pointers. Since I was in your situation when we moved here with my little son.
    First thing for me to find out was....get a car seat for your little one. I wasn't very happy with the idea. I mean, isn't kid safe in mother's arms. How safe is the car seat? Questions clouded me. But thankfully I made right decision of purchasing a car seat right away.
    Second important thing, Do not leave child in the car alone. It is against the law in many states. It does feel cruel to wake them up while they're napping when they're looking like an angel. But the law is there for your kids safety,follow it.
    Just beacuse things look clean does not mean they are. Teach your kids how to use the public restrooms properly.
    You need to wash those fruits including melons. Free samples are okay to accept as long as they are touched by one person and the person is wearing gloves, otherwise stay away. Free samples of fruits, bowl of nuts can actually make you sick.
    In public areas, there are cameras all over the place. Be aware that someone might be watching you. Do not clean your teeth, adjust your belt thinking no one's watching you.
    Do not be mean to your kids. Calling names, slapping your child is a big No-No. You can handle them using your words. You are strong enough. Take a deep breath, you'll figure out a way to control the situation.

2. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

Nice Info SonaliDB....Thanks for sharing....

1 person likes this.
  3. SonaliDB

SonaliDB New IL'ite

I'm glad you liked the article.

4. Shruthichand

Shruthichand New IL'ite

5. vidhee

vidhee Bronze IL'ite

Good one sonali