1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

For some FUN TIME in snippets...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Mindian, Dec 24, 2011.

1. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Hey friends, it is just ONE more week of 2011.Arent you excited???

I have already mentioned in my scribbling, elsewhere in IL,that I just love the Christmas - New Year period. It lifts my spirits for no apparent reason; maybe it is just the festive air around. Or perhaps it’s because of the decorated Christmas trees I see everywhere. Or maybe it’s the anticipation of yet another year and all the good tidings that it may bring?
    No idea, absolutely!

I thought it would be a good idea to spread that joie de vivre in our own snippeting corner and have compiled just a few questions, which you must answer.
    Please do not get put off by the word ‘must’; just that it is no fun if you do not answer. And no worries…., not a word about our resolutions. I have been here long enough to know that most of us are no good at keeping them.:wink:

As always, I hope all of you will get into the Yuletide spirit and make this a fun thread. So here goes.....

Looking back at the year 2011:

1)The incident that made you the happiest.

2)Any news /occasion/joke/movie that made you LOL the most..

3)The movie/song that got your maximum attention, in a good sense. Remember, we are talking only positive :) please do not go into the kolaveri mode.

4)If you are given the chance to play a role, which character would you love to play? It could be your favourite character from any novel/tv show/movie..

5)If at all you were stuck in an elevator who would you prefer to be with?

(Friends, now I know none of us really like being stuck in one and that it is a scary proposition indeed but please ignore that, and do NOT mention your spouse! We all love them the best as they are the only ones who will probably tolerate panic stricken us in stuck lifts, but just let your imagination go, we are here to have fun, remember???)

I would like to end it with a good laugh at myself so the last question would be.....

6)admit any one( or more,if you please :)) of your crazy obsessive behaviours.

That’s it friends, a little bit of recollecting happy moments, some silly imagination and learning to laugh at yourself...do join in with your answers and let us usher in the New Year with fun and laughter.

Wish you all a merry Christmas and a very HAPPY 2012. God Bless!!!!!!

Of course I will come back with my answers but please beat me to it..:cheers

10 people like this.

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Mindi dear
    Would I let go such a golden opportunity...Nevah!
    Here we go...
    Looking back at the year 2011:

1)The incident that made you the happiest - When I won finest post in IL

2)Any news /occasion/joke/movie that made you LOL the most..Your snippet on non-fasting.

3)The movie/song that got your maximum attention, in a good sense. Remember, we are talking only positive :) please do not go into the kolaveri mode. yesterday my sons introduced me to the song "San Francisco" by Train. Loved it.

4)If you are given the chance to play a role, which character would you love to play? It could be your favourite character from any novel/tv show/movie..
    mmmm...? so many...but love to play Meera.

5)If at all you were stuck in an elevator who would you prefer to be with? no hesitation here..By all means..the very young Gregory Peck! ooh he was so delish!

6)admit any one( or more,if you please :)) of your crazy obsessive behaviours. ..the list is endless when it come to my goofiness...two of them here
    ...when my office parking lot is empty in the evening I love to exit from the entry...
    ...when there is a peppy song I do some shaky breaky dance..(breaky being the operative word here hee, hee)

Wish you a very Happy 2012 Mindi; and may the coming year be the best ever yet!

8 people like this.
  3. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

Would I let go such a golden opportunity...Nevah!

My dear kams,

thanks for being a total sport :thumbsup

Your snippet on non-fasting.

oh my ! really??? I am totally flaterred even if you laughed at me and not my post :wink:

yesterday my sons introduced me to the song San Francisco by Train. Loved it.

you bet we are gonna listen to it as a family. Friends, wherever possible do give the link ( if it is allowed ) so that we can all share a good laugh.

mmmm...? so many...but love to play Meera.

oh how sweet..Can you sing most of MS's songs from the movie ?

..By all means..the very young Gregory Peck! ooh he was so delish!

hmmmmm Roman holiday??? absolutely lovable.:)

.when my office parking lot is empty in the evening I love to exit from the entry...

that is absolutely :rotfl why would you want to do that ?

When there is a peppy song I do some shanky breaky dance..(breaky being the operative word here hee, hee)

hahaha next time you do that, remember we are all watching you. but please let that not stop you from this delightful habit you have picked up.we owe it to ourselves to act a little crazy, what say?

Wish you a very Happy 2012 Mindi; and may the coming year be the best ever yet!

thanks kamala. Amen to that!!!:)

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Had fun answering them..and will be waiting for those witty ones up your sleeves.:cheers..A merry christmas and happy new year. God bless...

3 people like this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

you bet we are gonna listen to it as a family.

Here's the link Mindi.. The song is "Save me San Francisco" let me know if you have problems..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-e8tlPE3kjI

.when my office parking lot is empty in the evening I love to exit from the entry...

that is absolutely :rotfl why would you want to do that ?

Ah..no explanation whatsoever...simple sheer goofiness... :biggrin2:

1 person likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Now if you say "must" how can I not Dear Mindi?
    I will tell you it is not easy to look back with out actually spending some time on it! But I did for your 'must'!!

This is the hardest for me - because thank fully this past year, there were many that made me happy and it would be unfair to pick one over another! But my DDs kncok knock jokes and the way she automatically begins to sing and move to good beats always always tops the list, yes even when I am a little down!

Many again!! But the latest is, remembering my mom and her reaction after eating some Veg food in Thailand made me and my DH the happiest - that we have laughed non stop trying to explain it to our friends who ofcourse had the look of "are you guys nuts"! It is one of those incidences one has to be involved to enjoy!

For me personally Zindagi na milege.....it made a lot of sense and I was enjoying the movie thoroughly in B'lore in a theater after some 15 yrs and it made it that much more memorable when my SIL commented that watching a movie with me was much more fun because I am like a kid on a ride having fun!

oh God not easy to answer but if I think, it has to be some kind of a detective or one of Charlie's angels :)

Ellen Degeneres, Matt Damon, Bruce Willis, Shah Rukh Khan or just the voice of Farhan Akhthar in that order of preference!

Good to know that you just assumed that all of us may have one crazy obsessive behaviour atleast! Mine has to be hangers Mindi, yes hangers.....they have to be sorted by colors and must face the same direction :bonkNow I am getting better...I can mix up the colors but direction.....ways to go!!!

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to you and your dear family Mindi!

Can't wait Mindi!

5 people like this.
  7. ILoveTulips

ILoveTulips IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi,

That's fun topic and the questions are really good ones... I am in fun mood too because of the holidays... :)
    1)The incident that made you the happiest.

Our Swiss and Paris visit during Easter holidays. I absolutely enjoyed the trip, each and every moment was so memorable.

2)Any news /occasion/joke/movie that made you LOL the most..

Hard to narrow down to one. We have been watching plenty of comedy movies and sitcoms this year. Off the top of my head, Turner and Hooch, Horrible Bosses movies had some scenes that made me Laugh like crazy.:rotfl

3) The movie/song that got your maximum attention, in a good sense.

What makes you beautiful By One Direction .
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJO3ROT-A4E&ob=av2e

4)If you are given the chance to play a role, which character would you love to play?

A decent comedy actress!! Urvashi in Magalir Mattum; Or as Kovai Sarala in Sathi Leelavathi; Even that old lady character[Urvashi's grandma] in Michael Madhana Kama Rajan is fine for me..

5)If at all you were stuck in an elevator who would you prefer to be with?

Definitely not any cute handsome man! History has taught me that 'Crushes stop being Crushes once I talk with them'. May be some movie freak like me.. :)

6)admit any one( or more,if you please ) of your crazy obsessive behaviours.

I always had to draw hand/kitchen tissues in even numbers... :hide:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you too Mindi.. :thumbsup

ilt

4 people like this.
  8. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mindi

Here I go,
    1) I could meet so many Ilites, and those whom I was waiting for such a long time, but still couldn't meet one of them. After a long time could spend so many months in India and with my DS.

2) The surprise birthday party thrown by my family members, that was the most unforgetable occasion. And was just :spin over the sweets during all the festivals.

3) Desi boys....hehehe what a falooda of our indian men, and not to forget mission impossible part 4(ghost protocol) Anil Kapoor ka halat...hehehe had to get slap from vedesi girl.:biggrin2:

4) Ban Brown I love his imagination, hope I too can image a bit like him...hehehe

5) off course Tom Crusie:hide: there are many in the list but he is right on top.

6) When DH gets phone calls from his secretary or from officeIndia HO) during weekends, to discuss some office work, 1 or 2 it is ok but when it goes on with 5 to 6 I just stare at him and tell I think you better go to the office, I don't want you home....hehehe

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year Mindi and K:)

1 person likes this.
  9. Mindian

Mindian IL Hall of Fame

dear friends,

thanks for being so sporting..:cheers. Here are my answers...:)

the incident that made me the happiest..

I thank God that I made a trip to India in Jan and
    spent time with my parents. My brother joined us and we were together as a family once again after ages. It means A LOT to me now,especially since my dearest father was suddenly taken away from us.

Any news /occasion/joke/movie that made you LOL the most..

I can only recollect the most recent time I laughed out aloud and that was yesterday. As I listened to one of my favourite songs aadha hai chandramma, suddenly the screenplay flashed in my mind and I broke into laughter as I remembered the heroine Sandhya going ‘tewwwwww ‘and the woebegone expression on the hero’s face. It sounds as if the music was set to match with her step and not vice versa.A lovely romantic number with a very funny screenplay. For those who do not know what I am talking about, here is the YouTube link. adha hai chandrama raat aadhi..film navrang. - YouTube

the movie/song that got your maximum attention, in a good sense.

Actually I liked kolaveri without me going into the kolaveri mode, if you know what I mean.Personally, I found the music very catchy. Try that whining why this and you will agree that it is not very easy to get the right amount of whining while smiling. As difficult as getting a sangati of a difficult Carnatic song right. And for the first time, I actually liked Dhanush.:)

If you are given the chance to play a role, what character would you love to play

Hmmmm… I would love to play Scarlett O’Hara in Gone
    With The Wind, Elisa Doolittle in My Fair Lady, Lucille Ball in any of her TV shows or the characters of Monica or Chandler in my favorite sitcom FRIENDS.

If at all you were stuck in an elevator who would you prefer it to be with?

Friends, I admit that I AM growing old. I am really over with the Johnny Depps and the Brad Pitts of the world. I want to be stuck with someone who makes me laugh, takes just one look at me, and thanks God that he is with ME and no one else.
    Oh yeah, as I grow older I realise that it is more necessary for me to feel wanted than want others.
    Now, much as I hate to step away from the dreamy state that I am in after admitting this, I MUST mention what my hubby had to say to it.. "You expect that after just one look at a flustered you in a claustrophobic lift??? Wowwwww, I just LOVE your self-confidence." :-(

...... to admit any crazy obsessive behavior.

I am crazy about everything at home being in its place and immediately start clearing up when I enter any room…..almost like a reflex action.
    I do know there is more to life than being a cleanliness freak but I have not been able to do anything about it until now My family makes fun of me but have solemnly promised to stand by me in sickness and health so it goes on....:hide:.

2 people like this.
  10. sushmavja

sushmavja Platinum IL'ite

Dear Mindi, very nice topic..
    1)The incident that made you the happiest: i have been together with my DH almost after 1.5 yrs just 3 of us (me,dh n dd) this april..earlier though we met once in a fortnight it was at my in-laws place..so i hv a house now..

2)Any news /occasion/joke/movie that made you LOL the most: shared this in a snippet too..my DH said he has to spend off his entire salary for buying beans for a bean bag if i use it..though i was cursing him..i loved his sense of humour.

3)The movie/song that got your maximum attention, in a good sense. Remember, we are talking only positive [​IMG] please do not go into the kolaveri mode: many songs,but teri meri meri teri from Bodyguard and few from ZNMD

4)If you are given the chance to play a role, which character would you love to play? It could be your favourite character from any novel/tv show/movie..preity zinta's show on UTV Stars..hv fun with all heroes..

5)If at all you were stuck in an elevator who would you prefer to be with? Aamir Khan

6)admit any one( or more,if you please [​IMG]) of your crazy obsessive behaviours. 1.these days i am obsessed with IL..2.as i am out of India for the 1st time,i still cant get the traffic rules..i suddenly stop instead of walking when i see cars which move beside me even though its a green light for me...poor DH is still explaining me..

Dear Mindi wish you and your family too a Happy and prosperous new year..

Cheers,
    Sush

1 person likes this.