1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

food menu for 1+ yr old

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by Dibu, Dec 21, 2011.

1. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi

My DD is 14m old. Could you please share what you feed your babies. Am out of ideas what to feed her. She is bored of eating the same stuff everyday. Also she is bit on the thinner side.

am also breastfeeding her twice in a day and few times at night.

My menu for her:

Morning : 1/2 cup yougurt
    1 cup oats with dates

mid morning: 1 egg
    orange juice

lunch : rice and dal with ghee

evening :1 banana

supper :mixed veggies

Is this enough? She may not usualy finish the portion what i take. could you please give more ideas.

Regards
    dibu

2. hemalathaK

hemalathaK Platinum IL'ite

Hi dibu,

You can sometimes try to give her pongal mixed with plenty of sambar, drumstick/ radish/brinjal sambar mixed well with rice and idly with sambar or sometimes with chutney too( beware, make idly into tiny pieces otherwise the baby may not be able to swallow).

Usually we need a lot of patience to feed the baby.Just do some of your routine work and in between go and put a little food and wait till the baby slowly swallow it.And try to give some regular food just one or two tiny bits so that the kid may try to get the taste of the food.Hope you got it.

3. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Hema,

Thanks for yor reply. You are right, we must show lot of patience while feeding them.
    Now am living abroad ( temporarily for few months) and i dont have provisions to make idly or dosa :(.
    so that option is out of choice now.

Regards
    dibu

4. Brinda1

Brinda1 Bronze IL'ite

I give DS Adais, cheela, omelets, boiled veggies(big size, so he can eat himself), pieces of bread/toast, alu tikkis, rotis made with dal or stuffed parathas, fruits, dry fruits. Still, he does get bored. I am now trying really hard to get him to learn to eat with a spoon so that the scope of what I can offer him becomes more.

5. Dibu

Dibu Bronze IL'ite

Hi Brinda,

I too give her boiled veggies. But the problem is she doesnt chew it properly and it doesnt get digested. am forced to puree it and give her.

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Dibu....
    When feedinga baby I play with them andmake chewing actions and others so they follow me and enjoy having food so make sure you are absolutely free when you are feeding your DD