1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Food For Thought

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Oct 31, 2017.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

I am a foodie. The word 'motivate' has a different connotation for me than the usual one - moti wait or moti weight. I have friends who have similar problems with food and weight. So the conversation with one of them this evening ran along the lines of:

Friend: What to do with wisdom? If it helps me lose weight, I'll take as much wisdom.

Something went ping inside my head and a question popped up. If Wisdom could replace lost weight, going by the law of conservation of mass and energy, does the lost weight gets converted into wisdom? In which case is Wisdom a form of energy? Or Knowledge for that matter?

Seeking a little 'enlightenment' on this matter. No puns intended. Just realized after writing that some 'enlightenment' of the matter on me could help enlighten the contents of the box upstairs in a different way.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Satchi dear I am also a foody but dont put on weight. I dont know whether wisdom has any relation with weight. Anway experts will be able to answer your question.

sindmani and satchitananda like this.
  3. satchitananda

You are indeed blessed Vijima! Touch wood!

iyerviji likes this.
  4. HazelPup

HazelPup Platinum IL'ite

Hee hee I liked your moti weight and wisdom to gain knowledge by losing weight. Remembered a joke - reason for overweight is my new volumizing shampoo and conditioner. BTB I used to be a foodie not anymore guess cravings reduce over time

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
    satchitananda likes this.
  5. Sunburst

Sunburst Platinum IL'ite

You are lucky to have a friend who is ready to take wisdom . Makes sense though because people will go to any length to lose weight even if it means taking wisdom.

I am not someone to Enlighten you on this as I lack wisdom but I only know of people who are ready to give wisdom in abundance and that too without asking . I have been taking it forever but no results either in my weight or the compartment up there

6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Come on Satchi, if you los more weight you'd be blown away by a strong wind.I think you have the same problem as me. I weigh 66.5 kg and am five feet i11 inches tall. Almost six feet. I still feel fat.

7. satchitananda

Wow!!! Should remember that answer when I next visit the doc!!! :-D Last time he had a dig at me quoting my 'obesity', I gave him valid reasons - being born a foodie, genetics, age factor .... That shut him up. Next time I have one more reason - volumizing shampoo and conditioner!!! :roflmao:

HazelPup likes this.
  8. satchitananda

That makes two of us Sunburst. I have been receiving a lot of unasked for wisdom but it does not get assimilated anywhere, nor do I have any to give. :)

Sunburst likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Balajee, that statement was from my friend. And no, I am quite content with my weight now. I don't feel fat any more, but am constantly being nagged by the docs to lose more for my spine. Finally you will have no me but a lot of spine walking around!!! :p

But tell me Balajee, would you categorize wisdom and knowledge as forms of energy?

10. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

Knowledge certainly can be used like energy. It is power. Perhaps wisdom falls into the same catagory too. In fact knowledge untempered with wisdom can be destructive energy..