Follicle Size For Iui

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by saranaya1710, May 19, 2017.

1. saranaya1710

saranaya1710 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,
    I was on letrozole 2.5mg and recagon injection this cycle. I had 3 follicles , 2 from right and 1 from left.
    On cycle day 12 measured as follows

DAY 12
    ----
    Right ovary
    15x15
    11x13
    12x10

Left ovary
    13x12

DAY 14
    -----
    Right ovary
    18x19
    10x10
    9x7

Left ovary
    13X7

I got the trigger shot on day 15. But i am not sure why the follicle size reduced. Someone pls help me.

2. divyasriram28

divyasriram28 Senior IL'ite

Hi @saranaya1710 looks like you still got one very good follicle size on day 14. For IUI, anything that's above 18mm is good. I was also on Femara this cycle (2.5 mg) but I only got one follicle that measured 21mm on Day 14. I ovulated naturally the next day. Don't worry, your 18mm follicle would have grown bigger by the time you ovulated so the size was very good I would say. Hoping that by now, you would have gotten your BFP. Do keep me posted. Good luck :)

3. saranaya1710

saranaya1710 New IL'ite

Thanks for the reply divya. I did NOT get BPF. I went for the second round IUI and this was femara (2.5mg) and no injectables....and i ovulated naturally on cd12.... Keeping fingers crossed!!

4. divyasriram28

divyasriram28 Senior IL'ite

Hi Saranya,

Hoping that it works this time for you. Don't be disheartened with failure of one IUI. I have done 3 so far and will probably do a few more before I give up. Heard that there's a better success rate with femara. My doc just told me what women usually conceive within the first 3 months of taking femara. So good luck :)

When do you test for your pregnancy?

5. mbharani

mbharani Gold IL'ite

@saranaya1710

All the best to you...loads of baby dust to you...hope this cycle works for you...:)

6. saranaya1710

saranaya1710 New IL'ite

I am given susten and ecosprin for 20 days (from the day of iui) . so will have to test after the course gets over. May be after missed period.

divyasriram28 likes this.
  7. saranaya1710

saranaya1710 New IL'ite

Thank you !!