Folicle Study Begining

Discussion in 'Fertility & Trying to Conceive' started by key123, Oct 19, 2016.

1. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Hi,
    I'm into follicle study first cycle. On day 9 found 4 follicles in left ovary and nothing in right. Day 11 found the big follicle with 12mm. Then again scanned on 13th the big one is of same 12mm.. I'm sooo much worried coz we r in ttc for nearly 6 months. Due to diabetes and pcod I

2. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Dont worry, you might be ovulating late. Check after one more day for scan to see improvements in follicle size.

are you under any medicine for follicle growth?

3. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Hi, yes currently I'm taking medicines for diabetes.. metformin and glycomet morning and evening. And my blood sugar s normal from past 4 months. an I'm not eating any carbs only milets and fruits. Veggies also limited ones only I'm having like cabbage,snake guard.green leaves. will it affect hormones for follicle growth?

4. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Key,
    You can have vegetables except the ones that come below ground. Eat fruits too. Don't starve without essential vitamins and minerals. Just cut down on carbohydrate and sweet stuffs.
    Is this the first time you are tracking follicles? Given with any tablets to help with follicle growth this cycle? Without meds only one side follicles will grow.. That too just one can mature. Just hold on for another few days to see how your body behaves. Then your doc might suggest next course of action.
    All the best.

key123 likes this.
  5. key123

key123 New IL'ite

Yes.. this is my first cycle of follicle study. and doc suggested that if the follicle is not grown then she will give tablets for boost the growth in the next cycle. but we can start in first cycle right. and i have confusion like last month period is delayed and i have progestrone tablets after 50th day once i confirmed there was negative preg test. but eariler i got 29 days cycle, last month got changed. because of that the follicle growth is very slow i dono. how to calculate the ovulation. im really worried coz my in -laws are doing some prayers(like hanging cradle in holy trees in temples) etc etc., i was sooo depressed because of that.

6. vanicha

vanicha Silver IL'ite

Naturally when we try... Sometimes follicles might not grow good... But relax n wait for some days to see it grows...

Now u can't take tablets for that.. It will be given during start of ours period cycle... Keep an watch of this cycle n decide.

7. Vasumathy

Vasumathy Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Key,
    With regular cycles length, you can a make a guess on ovulation, otherwise its hard without follicles monitoring through ultrasound scan, cervical mucus, bbt monitoring and through opks. You can try any of these to track.. Last three are done without medical assistance. Give it a try on those.
    Only at right time things will fall in place. Hold on till then. Handle in laws expectations and pressures gently.
    Take care. All the best.