1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fly on the window

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by chillbreeze, Feb 10, 2015.

1. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear chillbreez,
    Your fly story reminded me the story of Robert Bruce and the spider which I read during my school days. If we are observant we can learn many things even from insects and plants. An inspiring snippet,
    PS

2. chillbreeze

chillbreeze Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Thanks JS for your feedback. I couldn't agree with you more about your post. It is true that sometimes the new opportunities may not be as good as the lost ones and most often we don't realize we already have new things/blessings in life until we stop and think about them.

3. chillbreeze

Akanshka, I didn't think in that angle with this fly incident. But just 2 weeks back I was telling DH God helps us in a timely manner through one way or other. We were having an issue in family and somehow it all ended well without any troubles. We have to trust the timing of God and life.

4. chillbreeze

SW, we all want to be happy but recognizing and utilizing the opportunity when it comes is a tough thing to do (for me atleast).Hope we all become more tuned to our inner selves and universe too.

5. chillbreeze

@Pushpavalli thanks for your fb. I have never really considered myself as observant. But sometimes these small things of nature like flowers, plants, birds and sky catches my attention and makes me think. Its really pleasant when we can spend time paying attention to nature daily.

6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Dear Chillbreeze,

You have made a flying start to the new year 2015 with this wonderful life lesson you have learned from the fly. Congratulations for the nomination and I truly enjoyed reading your post that is filled with words of wisdom. Window of opportunities is always open and the restrain is actually in our mind more than in the physical plane. How many times despite watching the sign of "Pull" or "Push", we do the exact opposite?

I am not sure what caused the end of the fly and probably, it felt that it had fulfilled its mission in life. Actually, freedom is not necessarily in our ability to take a ride in the open field and it is inside of us. The world to us is actually what we perceive and the real freedom can be achieved only when we begin our journey inwards and unlock the restrain that would allow us to explore endless opportunities. The freedom of love, freedom of life without desires, freedom of life with no attachments. freedom of taking all our experiences (pleasure or pain) with equanimity, etc. Not exploring all of these aspects in life is worse than the physical death.

However selfish it appears, the life is all about liberating our own Self from the encryption we have created by our own actions in the past and allow it to realize its true form of Bliss. Our Body, Mind & Intellect together with our experiences should help us accomplish this goal.

The goal is not to find out "how the world is treating us?" but to find out how "we are treating the world".

Viswa

7. chillbreeze

Vishwa sir, I am flying after reading your feedback. As usual, you have brought more insights to the post. The way you have described freedom is quite new to me but I feel there is truth in what you say. Your post reminded me of the quote, "Man is born free and everywhere he is in chains". How true that is!

PS. Thanks @stillwaters for the nomination. I didn't notice it before and thanks Vishwa for letting me know about it.

8. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Hello CB,
    Fantastic write up about the Fly and the ensuing lessons of life which we can learn from that small incident.
    But in this snippet, u opened the window and the fly did not go away to freedom. But what is the fly had fluttered its wings against the window, but nobody was there is to open the window, then also the fly would have died.
    Sometimes, in life, we wait for the opportunity to fly away from a bad situation, but unfortunately it will be a futile attempt and we will become tired and depressed.
    At times like those, when we are caught in a corner, with no escape in the immediate future, it is best to make the situation to our advantage.
    Finally congrats on the nomination CB, friendssmiley

9. chillbreeze

You are right Madhu. Even if we are stuck in a corner, we should try making the best of it and be happy. I am really learning lot more from all your perspectives here about the fly. Who knew a fly could teach us so many things about life.

10. madhuprabha

madhuprabha Gold IL'ite

Yes cb, there is a lesson in every corner of our lives. It only needs a little patience on our parts to stop, look and proceed.