1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

flight travel with infant from India to USA!

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Kavirajesh, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Kavirajesh

Kavirajesh Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    I came India for my delivery and planning to return by the end of June along with my parents.
    Can anyone suggest me which flight is best and comfortable to travel along with infant?
    Few of my relatives suggested emirates, ethihad, Lufthansa flight are best?
    How to feed my little1 in flight? What type of dress do I need to put on my little1? Or do I need to swaddle him? Would that bassinet is comfortable for him?
    I know I'm shooting lots of questions?!!!!!! Help me ladies.. Waiting for your valuable replies!
    TIA!

2. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

@Kavirajesh
    How old is your little one? and what are your port cities? I do not have experience yet but I was also surfing forums some time back as I am planning trip to india in next few months.

My research:
    Eithiad airways is very good with online nanny service. Some people did complain about reduced service quality for parents.
    Emirates is also good as they give free toys/colors to babies.
    One European airlines ( Lufthansa or do not remember, it has layover at Munich I think)..nor sure- it seems lay over airport's restrooms or mother rooms are very good and have baby-bath facility.

You have parents accompanying which is very good.

Take cover ups for you while feeding. All airlines allow feeding.
    Book early as possible so you get seat preference and take first seats and call airline to check about bassinets.
    Take some extra blankets and toys and books.
    Seems bassinets are not great for older or taller babies but still useful.

Take extra dresses for baby and can dress in layers. Normally people wear onesies on infants.

Feed while taxing/de-taxing to save from fussiness by ear pressures.

Some suggest take late night flights so babies sleep through journey.

If you baby is going to be on solids, or formula, airlines do provide that but keep some of your own to be sure. They provide hot water or you can buy bottles from security.

Keep your stuff minimal in carry ons so you can take max for baby.Take lot of diapers in carry on and wipes, moisturizer and rash cream, infant tylenol ( equivalent) or emergency.

2 people like this.