fitting and furnishing a new house

Discussion in 'Housing' started by aparnag, Feb 20, 2012.

1. sowraj

sowraj Bronze IL'ite

Anyone kmow how much does it cost on average to have a 5amps switch and 15 amps switch extra in a ketchen. which means he is give about 5 switch points but i will require more and have asked for some more.. the engineer said it will cost you extra.. around 500-600for 5amps and 2K for 15amps !!! is the rate good???

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

that is the rate most of the builders are charging

3. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Shanvy & other ILites,

I saw some posts on curtains.

I have french doors in the living room. I wanted to do ceiling hung curtains, a double curtain. A thicker one material to block light and a thin material to allow some light.

I did false ceilings in my unit. But I forgot to make provision for it. I was too preoccupied with wires, switches, lights, etc.

Now to accommodate ceiling hung ones I think I might have to cut the false ceiling and put it on the concrete ceiling. It was very hard to get the ceiling guys but now I am not sure if I can get them for such a small project.
    I also have to do paint if I do the cutting.

I have never used the ceiling hung ones or observed them in detail.

Any suggestions?

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

how about on the edge of the false ceiling..a neighbour of mine has the same curtains along with a valance it is hung from below the french windows and is done well too.. if you want will pm the number of the curtains person..he is a little costly, but you can negotiate..

5. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

Yes, please send me the number.

The problem is that I have use all the available height. There is a curved arch at the edge of the false ceiling border moulding. So I need to go ceiling or a rod on the frame of the french door.

Also I want to make sure that it is strong as I plan to have two fabrics.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

k11,

have you used the same concept in your flat..hey btw, do post pics of your remodelled flat..say like before and after atleast share the album..

now coming to this concept, that you want why not talk to rastogi's..the curtains people and they do have a 50% off right now..

Curtains By Rastogis

the other person ashwini decors..

i am not sure if the person i know will do a neat job..and remember cutting the false ceiling and refixing needs a real pro, or it looks real bad...

7. k11

k11 Silver IL'ite

You are right. I need to get the guys who did my ceiling.

I am not in Madras now. I will do it when I go there, might be in next month or Sept.

Unfortunately, I do not have new pictures.
    My mom sent me some bad pics with her old Iphone. I will take new ones once I go there.

Here are old pics.
    https://plus.google.com/photos/109345349779345280581/albums/5761893812432256689

The place very outdated when I bought it. But it was clean and unused as it was kept locked by an NRI for most of the time.

It looks much better now. I did the flooring, made master bath bigger, ceilings, stained glass, lights, plumbing, re-doing entire wiring, plug points, replacing some windows with UPVC, etc.
    I still have master bedroom and kitchen to go through. Kitchen would be the big and expensive part. Buying furniture is also not easy.

My internet is not working properly as I type this. So if the pics do not work I will fix it the evening.

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

will wait for the pictures k11.

it is better to get your false ceiling guy to have a look into it rather than the curtain guy..and with regards to curtains, if you have a person to do, and if it is just fabric, check out deccan furnishings, it works out cheaper..

if it the whole upscale look, glamorama, rastogi's..

9. BuviVishal

BuviVishal Gold IL'ite

Hi friends,

I am new to this forum. My husband planned to renovate the home by extending the rooms. For that they consulted the architect and he gave the diagram with the existing pillar. They have agreed as wil complete the work within 6 months. Based on the diagram civil engg startrd doing the work. Both architect and civil engg referred by one of my relation. As agreed they are not doing the work. This work is startrd on jan sil 5% of work only completed. Within this civil engg did mistake in pillar measurement. Already we are not satisfying with his work mean time he is doing mistakes. Wr feel that whether he can complete the work properly or not.

My husband is thinking to change the civil engg . Is it corrrct decision? His brothet told that now a days peoples will do the mistakes like this you cannot expect from them and his mother saying that no one will take this work since already the person started doing the work,

Is it true? We are confused lot,,, the project estimation is 30Lac . Already 2Lac paid. If we asked thr reason for delay he is giving the reason. Please help us to take a correct decision

10. user45

user45 New IL'ite

If you do not think he will do a good job, change the contractors. Your project is big, so needs more attention.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2012