1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First Kid At What Age?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by star90new, Jun 22, 2018.

1. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

I have big age difference with my husband.Its actually a big worry as . He wont be able to be with kids much .

2. sbonigala

sbonigala Platinum IL'ite

I was a .Net developer in India. But after moving to Australia and with a gap of 3 years and changing technologies it was hard to get into the market.
    So i started my career as an Application Support Tech and moved on to be a Business Analyst.
    I would never have a job if i stuck to .net dev role. Market is heavily competetive and my choice is to have a career that allows me to spend time with kids and DH. So being a dev was not an option as it requires me to be technically strong(which means i must study each day - i choose to use that time for family instead)
    It all comes down to what you want out of your life and what support system you have.
    We dont have anyone here in Aus, but we work with a schedule and kids got used to that as well.

star90new likes this.
  3. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Sorry to say you are overthinking about age gap. You are 28 and your dh is 32y+ pretty young.. 4 year age gap is very common in Indian arranged marriages . If age gap is > 10 years it may be a big difference. If you are worried so much consult a gynaecologist. They will clarify your doubts. I know many parents with babies in their 40s or close to 50s.

As a husband and father he has to be responsible one. Age has nothing to do with it. If he is busy with job, he can take paternity leave. Whether your dh help you or not, ultimately as a mother you will have to do more than him, by default. Please read IL forum, for stories. Overthinking kills happiness. Dont worry too much thinking about age gap.

shravs3, sbonigala and star90new like this.
  4. magicwand007

magicwand007 Bronze IL'ite

Well everyone does say have a kid when you feel it is the right time which is true in one way but it does not change the fact that as maternal age increases the chances of baby having complications like Down syndrome etc increases.

So just because someone says I had a perfectly healthy baby at 40 so go for it does not mean that you will too.of course there may be complications even in younger moms but the odds of having a healthier baby is on their side.

So think everything through before you make a decision.

star90new likes this.
  5. libran

libran Junior IL'ite

I had my first kid when I was 30 and im currently pregnant with my 2nd kid. Im 33 years old right now. our 2nd kid wasn't planned but we decided to go ahead with the pregnancy. My inlaws wanted a boy because they are always under the impression that boys are better than girls. I didnt want 2nd kid because Im scared of having a girl child, but I wanted a sibling for my older child , so I decided to go ahead. Lets see how this goes.

star90new likes this.
  6. DavenaRosalie

DavenaRosalie Silver IL'ite

I had my first child when I was 19 and my husband was 21 at that time.

star90new likes this.
  7. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for being so open with your outlook.
    Most of us want to have a boy and a girl.
    A girl to dress up and be our best friend, once she grows up and a boy so that we can keep others happy.
    Yes a boy can also protect his sister and mother .
    May I know which field you are in ? Did you get enough support from your in laws ?

8. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

How old are you now? Do you plan for a second?
    Which field are you working in ? Did you get support from your or husband's family ?

9. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

10. star90new

star90new Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the reply
    That is what I am scared of . Scared of having a kid after 35 years .
    I know if we are lucky baby will be fine.