1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

First Big Fight..first Anniversary..plz Advice :(

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by desigirl1, Nov 19, 2016.

1. desigirl1

desigirl1 New IL'ite

Thanks! I know you are right and my tantrums are creating a bad dynamics for the future....but I do think he should have been a little more strict from the start....rather than all of a sudden running out of patience with me and being TOO strict.

I decided to let it go and focus on the fact that we are planning to start a family early next year......so I don't want to make this into a bigger fight than it already is...bec I don't think I am going to win this one as he is just too stuck on it. And yes, even tho he said yes...since he was not really wanting to go on vacation...he right away backed out. This is the part that pissed me off the most...but like you said there is no point forcing him into going...after all it is both of ours anniversary...and yes he does want to celebrate...but he is just cancelling the vacation part which we planned right when we got married...as zika had just begun then.

The only thing I know tho is that now after cancelling this vacation if he plans to go to India..I will be so upset..because I had a feeling from the time I planned to go visit my parents that he may do this even tho we discussed many times that family trips are not going to affect our vacations.

I do admit tho that in a year I have been on many more vacations than any of my friends or cousins after marriage. Its just that this was something big we planned and he is backing out at the last minute...even tho he knows how much I was excited for it....so it just makes me feel like he doesn't care how I feel...and its more important for him to stick to his word then worry about how I feel on this big occasion.

I think its just my bad habit I have from being an only child...with very pampering parents.....I'm not able to let this go and it keeps bothering me at the back of my mind constantly.

Thanks all for your advice..I really appreciate it! :D

2. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

ITs ok dear. Let it go. Know what, plan it as a special one...say the second year anniversary or something. I know, I keep cribbing to my H about the same thing, why were you so lenient earlier and suddenly changed your attitude...his reply is that the frustration was getting bottled up those days....ahhhhhh.....so don't let your H get his frustration up. Talk it out. Trust me, fighting and getting it over is better than letting it brew and simmer. When you finally get a taste of it is very strong and tough to forget. ;)

Let it go dear. Marriage is all about give and take. LEt him get away with this. Catch hold of him next time. We women have loooooooong memories. So we can always get back to this point later. For now though, don't make it big.

think of it this way....what if he really didn't want to go or take the previous vacations? Maybe he was not really able to tell this to you at all. Think and see why he thought of backing out. For now though, give it a rest!

As I said earlier, try and talk to him about his day, give your inputs on things. Ask his opinions NOT his advise on stuff. Involve him in the day to day activities.

Another thing is don't do things like not talking to him, not answering his call....childish stuff.....He will begin to treat you like a child. Worst case, he might pick this bad habit form you. Mine did..i mean pick it up form me. Now I have nobody else to blame but me!

btw...have a beautiful wonderful anniversary!!

blackbeauty84 and desigirl1 like this.
  3. beautifullife30

beautifullife30 Platinum IL'ite

experience is the best teacher! :D

4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

:facepalm:

kcb, guesshoo, Rihana and 4 others like this.
  5. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I have a friend who was very like the above. For one of her birthdays, she was being fussy about which restaurant and when to go, and refusing to make up her mind, and being very silly and petty, her husband put both the kids in the car and they went without her. : ) She sat home alone and ate aalu parathas, yogurt, pickle and some b'day cake for dinner. Cried a little, and called a friend with left hand, while licking the cake icing off right hand's fingers.

Now, she and her family have a good laugh about it. Time has a wonderful way of showing us what really matters.

yellowmango, leenarajaryan and SGBV like this.
  6. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

It happens dear, me too sometimes behave childish & ziddi. No issues but not every time we should do that, as the hubbies shud too have there time to become the same. This is okay as long as it doesn't affect your relation seriously. I feel good u realise the same in time & he will too, stay Calm & Cool.
    Have a Happy & Superb Anniversary Dear. You never know there could be a surprise Anniversary Gift for you.
    Have a blast.

7. Rakhii

Rakhii Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Oh go easy on yourself. This is your first big fight. You identified the problem. You are half way towards resolving it.

8. vinodsinha

vinodsinha Bronze IL'ite

Identifying the Problem ; Then accepting that this much is my role in creating the problem, this mere acceptance itself half way towards resolving it.

9. vinodsinha

vinodsinha Bronze IL'ite

@Rakhii

Went through your two years back old threads.

Very interesting to note how your marriage went to almost the stage of split. Worth appreciating is, how you introspected and accepted at least 50 % of the blame on your own role in creating the problems.

This acceptance has saved your marriage. Wish, many here learn lessons from you, in accepting their own mistakes first, rather than putting 100 % blame on their partners only for every wrong going on in their marriage !

These two years, you lived away from him , some thing like a trial separation ? Sorry, could not find this information from your threads. If you had already written on it, somewhere, then provide the URL link of that only. Thanks.

Rakhii likes this.
  10. deeptireddy266

deeptireddy266 New IL'ite

Hey,

I was just wondering do you think he is trying to surprise you with something really special and he just doesn't want you to get a hint. Just a thought :) being positive!!!