Finest Posts - Nominations For January 2019

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Dec 31, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

It is 2019 already in the Land of the Rising Sun. Does the Earth revolving on its axis moving in its orbit around the Sun with clockwork regularity know that we, the mortals, calibrate its movement in terms of years, days, hours and minutes? Perhaps it doesn’t. If it does it will suppress its indulgent smile at our stupidity. Newspapers and magazines give us a brief resume of the important events from the beginning to the end of the year. 2018 is already a part of history. Tiny children learn a few new tricks and delight their parents. Old people gain a few more wrinkles and worry their children! Life goes on.

Does it not give us enough material to write about? Take a seat in front of your computer and bang your thoughts in. Who knows, it may turn out to be a masterpiece. Hundreds of your fellow ILites are eagerly waiting to read you. Do not disappoint them.

We look forward to getting flooded with nominations. Let the year begin!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, it will be deleted from the nominated posts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Please note that posts and threads from the sub-forums Express Cafe, Forward Messages & Jokes, Online Games & Puzzles are not for nomination.

Nominations are accepted on the strict understanding that they are original writings of the Poster. If it comes to our notice that it is copied, the nomination will be removed with a note that it is a copied piece and hence deleted.

To familiarize yourselves with FP and its nominating process, please check this link below:
    Finest Posts of IL
    Each member is allowed to nominate up to 4 posts only.
    This ensures that each of us have a hand in deciding the winning post as we will filter our choice more closely, thus making the winner more significant.

The nominations will be closed on the last day of every month. Simultaneously, the nomination thread for the following month will be opened on the First day of that month.

In case of nominating FBs, please remember to add a link to the FB and not to the original post.

The following gives step-wise on adding links to your nominations –

- To add a link to the original post that you are nominating:
    How to add a "Link" in my post?

- To add a link to the FB that you are nominating:
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/fa....html#post6653

kkrish, Rihana, satchitananda and 3 others like this.

2. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Happy New Year to all of you folks. Hoping to see a great number of new threads, posts and nominations in the coming year.

[​IMG]

kkrish likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

GeetaKashyap and satchitananda like this.
  4. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijima,

Though you have written to your Anna, your virtual daughter is answering this post. Thanks a lot for nominating Geeta's post. The first nomination of the year. :)

Time is after all an artificial construct and therefore measures of time are also no different. We just use them as markers on our path through life. Like Geeta says, unless we use them to bring about some positive change in our lives, they become meaningless.

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome back Satchi dear.Hope your health is better now. Glad to see you here. Whether it is my Anna or you both are same for me and love you both. For him you are very special

Hope in next birth I am talented like you and attract people by my writings

6. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

satchitananda likes this.
  7. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

My first nomination is @rgsrinivasan 's Always On!

His message is one that jives with my conviction that there are more good people in this world who help each other.
    Unfortunately media brings to the fore only the negatives and we, humans, also have a tendency to remember, mull, and ruminate, on the negatives that we forget all the positives.

This article is a good reminder that the glass is more than half-full and one to adapt our outlook in the upcoming 2019 and beyond.

8. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

That was so quick and so nice of you @kkrish, to nominate this post for the finest posts of the month.
    Feel so light and elated that this did touch you on a positive note. -rgs

stayblessed and kkrish like this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

It certainly did @rgsrinivasan .
    For years I've been shouting my throat hoarse (figuratively, of course :)) that there are more positives than negatives, but everyone thinks I am an ostrich burying my head in the sand.

I am glad that one more person thinks the same. You have made my 2019 even better.

stayblessed likes this.
  10. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

I second the nomination.

kkrish and satchitananda like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.