Finest Posts Nominations - February 2012

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jan 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Dear Viji mami,

I am so thrilled to see Bovine Times getting nominated here. I just shared one of the goodtimes from my Life's Pages and very glad that you enjoyed it. Thanks for joining me & bringing it to this nice platform :)

2. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear SSC
    Your nomination of Savvyheal's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/n...it-confident-battle-pays-off.html#post2119573 should draw the attention of all the ILites to this very meaningful thread.

There was a time when Cancer was considered a terminal disease. Eminent oncologists like Dr.Shantha keep crying hoarse that it is not cancer that kills but the fear of the disease. I remember when the film 'Anand' in which Rajesh Khanna dies of cancer, was released Dr.Shantha openly criticised it saying that it was spreading a wrong message about the disease. She even called for a ban of these movies. We have now cases of celebrities like Lisa Ray and Yuvaraj Singh who make light of this dreaded disease. Lisa had a very rare and virulent form of cancer of which my own brother's wife died in 1978 but Lisa is very nearly normal now and has recommenced her acting.

My younger brother Varalotti has nicely summed up this thread with the words "Persons like Mrs. Ramamani lend us the right perspective to view the great drama of life." Threads like these give the correct perceptive of a once-dreaded disease. Thanks a lot for nominating this, SSC. And thanks a lot Savvyheal for drawing our attention to this case. You seem to be a Savvy healer alright!
    Sri

4 people like this.
  3. Cheeniya

Dear Viji
    It is only appropriate that you have nominated Mindian's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/158789-i-maika-i-mothers-house.html for the FP this month. I know how a large number of ILites consider you as a mother figure and it is the presence of people like you that makes IL a Mother's Home for many young ILites. Thanks a lot for nominating this warm post of Mindi.

Mindi's thread has cleared a long standing doubt of mine about why people like Alex Haley took so much trouble to trace their 'Root'. The emotional content of the root is a lot more important than its nourishing content. The one last thought that Kalpana Chawla probably had moments before she perished in the space would have been of her home in Karnal. I have seen many cases of dementia patients who forget everything except of their childhood days in their ancestral home. Such is the power of Mother's House. It is this strong link to her root that keeps Mindi the warm hearted, affectionate person that she is!

Thanks a lot, Viji for coming out with this nomination.
    Sri

1 person likes this.
  4. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

I would like to nominate Anukarsha s http://www.indusladies.com/forums/e...th-through-spiritual-routine.html#post2031875 as my Fourth nomination.

Thanks VJ Bunny for bringing this thread to my notice.

On seeing the thread name.......at first glance i thought it would be regarding some Swamiji or prayers.......(i dont mean to offend them)........after thoroughly reading it i was enlightened.........:yes: spiritually.

Even Fellow ILites have responded v.well.

Good luck Anu:thumbsup.......keep up the good work.

Aiyo all my nominating chances are over:-:)-:)-(

Good luck for the nominees:cheers

2 people like this.
  5. Cheeniya

Dear smileAlways
    A tough thing for the grumpy me but I'll try to smile at least occasionally!
    Thanks a lot for nominating Tanoshi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...iction/55608-no-waranty-or-return-policy.html As you have rightly observed, it is as much relevant today as when it was written 3 years back. When IL announced its Answering Marathon Contest, I wondered why these guys want to dig the past. Little did I expect that there could be some gems like what mimur has dug out and made alive. And the most satisfying thing is that it had not only caught on like wild fire but has even been nominated for FP! Thanks a lot sA.

Tanoshi's expressions are indeed powerful. She has the knack of putting her finger on the crux of the matter. This debate will be a never ending story. Spending quality time with children need not be on the basis of duration. Just an hour a day with them exclusively will make them feel much loved and cared for. I do not think there is any need for the working mothers to feel guilty.

You have expressed your views very clearly Tanoshi. A big wow for you!
    Sri

2 people like this.
  6. Cheeniya

Dear mums
    Thanks a lot for nominating Bhargavi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/158447-my-love-letters.html#post2114710 but do you know that Satchitananda has beaten you to it? But then this lovely and lovable thread of Bhargavi is worth nominating a hundred times.

But I love this take of yours:
    Thanks Bhargavi for showing me a way to get a letter...........(i rarely get....i have to start writing one for myself from this moment itself.....)

But who gets letters these days? This **** email has taken away all the fun of corresponding. The Postman, if at all he comes, brings only a Registered Letter from the Bank about a forgotten payment!

Thanks a lot for nominating, I mean seconding this thread!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  7. mums

mums Platinum IL'ite

Sir i thought my nomination would increase their chances of winning..........

8. Cheeniya

Dear mums
    Mine was just an off-the-cuff remark! Of course, multiple nominations of a thread should increase the chances of winning as that is the primary parameter to judge the popularity of the nomination.
    You have certainly helped Bhargavi's Love Letters garnering greater attention!
    Thanks mums
    Sri

9. Cheeniya

1 person likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.