Finest Posts - July 2014 Nominations

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Kamla, Jun 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

My dear Angellic
    First things first. My partner and buddy Kamla has raised a doubt about accepting the nomination of Bonjour's post #58 in the thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/singles-world/256471-living-before-marriage-right-wrong.html for the reason that the Forum where the thread is posted is a restricted-access area. I agree with her.

Coming to your seeking our views in the matter because of our age and experience, let me confess that it is the very age and experience that stand in the way of our expressing our views openly! What do you expect to hear from a man who is in his seventies? Even assuming that I may be a supporter of this innovation in a man-woman relationship, I would find it tough to express it openly particularly when I am wedded to one woman for the last forty five years and we adore each other! In accordance with the prevailing customs then, ours was purely an arranged marriage and initially we had several incompatibilities which appeared insurmountable. We worked our way out slowly and what started as 'agreeing to disagree' in several areas slowly became 'I agree with it because you want it that way'. I am surprised at this total transformation that we could achieve in our relationship.

I have seen so many new changes coming into marital relationship. These changes have come about because the people felt the need for such changes. Living in Relationship is a kind of probation. If people feel that when such a practice is followed in professional careers, what is wrong in adopting it is a more serious relationship area, it cannot be faulted. Conservatives may abhor any experiments in relationship but the progressive minded will not hesitate to support them if such experiments finally result in the development of beautiful relationships that last a life time. Are not orthodox families permitting divorces among their children which were once a great taboo?

I do agree that matrimony is a divine bond. One man, one woman relationship is what the scriptures prescribe. But if the parties to such a divine bond are not committed, there is nothing that can save the relationship. Further when parents see their daughters undergoing great torture in a relationship, they themselves initiate divorce proceedings. After all, a happy and peaceful married life is the goal of every one. When the couple goes through the marriage rituals making profound promises, the intention is to stick to them. But if the evolving conditions make the promises extremely difficult to keep, a break occurs. Is it a breach of promise? I wonder!

I can only say one thing. No one can be judgemental about this issue.
    Sri

9 people like this.
  2. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Thank you Cheeniya Sir for your above response. I could not have put it so well.

L, Kamla

3. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji Aunty,
    A thought provoking thread indeed! Thanks for nominating. I loved it :)

2 people like this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

5. rgsrinivasan

rgsrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Just came here after a gap
    To nominate this lovely post
    Which will, surely make you to stop
    A while and ponder about life's coarse!

Happy to nominate http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/256944-may-we-different-each-other.html by Viji madam.

Forgive me for this poor translation of this lovely song by Kannadasan - "உன் கண்ணில் நீர் வழிந்தால்" from the film "வியட்நாம் வீடு.

When I see tears from your eyes,
    Blood spills from my heart, my dear!
    You are always the apple of my eye.
    My life is always yours, my dear!

I held your hands then!
    My life turned so brighter!
    Because I married a gem,
    I am valued far higher!

Like a rock hard pillar you stand
    Supporting me! I wish to surrender!
    A hundred offshoots cannot stand
    In place of those strong roots under.

Forcing me to lie on thorns with eyes open,
    Is what these children do. I feel so mad!
    Who knows what I need? I don't lament,
    As you dear, like God, know! I am glad!
    ----------------------------------------
    I felt this apt to quote here at this point, somehow. -rgs

vaidehi71 and iyerviji like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

RGS dear thanks for giivng me a surprise and happiness by nominating my thread with the lovely song from Viyatnam Veedu. mademydaysmiley with your loving message

1 person likes this.
  7. Cheeniya

My dear Viji
    Thank you for your nomination of Laks09's fascinating FB to Reshmi's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/w...be-working-women-homemaker-5.html#post3314197
    When I first glanced through Laks09's FB, my monumental ignorance surfaced! Yes, I was royally stumped by the acronym SAHM! First I thought that she might have misspelt SHAM but knowing her flair for the language, I knew that it could not be so. Then I accessed the dictionary of acronyms and found that it stood for Stay at Home Mom and I thanked the Internet for saving me. I am sure that a man in his seventies can be forgiven for such knowledge gaps.

Coming to her FB, I just loved it. She has outlined the quintessence of self esteem in the words 'You can be a top notch CEO of a company and still be a doormat behind closed doors or you can be a day labourer and still be the most respected woman on the planet in your own house.' Very eloquent indeed! Hers is a very valuable supplement to Reshmi's OP. No member will be left in any doubt after going through this FB of Laks09.
    Sri

3 people like this.
  8. Cheeniya

My dear RGS
    Thank you for nominating Iyerviji's http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ction/256944-may-we-different-each-other.html
    Being a person who sails in the same boat, I know exactly what Viji means but I must give it to her that she has put a lot of feelings into what she says about the companionship at our age. The opening quote is not quite relevant to our age group. I can't distinguish between my plate and my wife's in the dim light of a candle! Nor walking along the beach will be conducive for any loving exchanges as we struggle to keep our breath while walking. Obviously, the quote is meant for people half our age!

But I agree with everything else that Viji says though I am not so sentimental as to wish dying together! But I agree totally on one thing. It is far more difficult for a man to keep his bearings after the passing away of his wife than vice versa. But nothing is in our hands! Just que sera, sera!
    Sri

3 people like this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

My dear Annaand Kamla my last nomination for this months is SGBV's thread http://www.indusladies.com/forums/snippets-of-life-non-fiction/256994-the-working-woman.html which talks about working woman. After reading Reshmi's thread she has written this thread for whcih I have given my opinion as a working woman in that thread. I feel both home maker and working woman are great , only difference is the working women cant give much time to her family but still she manages both office and home by her hard work and trying to please both .

A woman is like a tea bag - you can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water.
    Eleanor Roosevelt

10. Quebec

Quebec Platinum IL'ite

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.