Finest Post Winners - July 2018

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jul 31, 2018.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Methinks it is the magic of Cheeniya Sir's pen. The nominations poured in this month and my word! What wonderful nominations, they were. Each post was an absolute 'must read'.

The interesting part of the nominations was that most of them dealt with poignant moments in human relationships. Be it threads that dealt with filial and parental love and attachments or with relationships between unknown people, relationships of a romantic nature, real stories, fiction ...... it is evident, that we as human beings find the topic really fascinating. Stories of relationships never fail to touch a cord in us.

With so many beautifully penned threads about the various aspects of relationships, who am I or anyone to say which narrative is the best? It is hard to have to make a choice, but what a (wo)man has to do, a (wo)man has to do. And so it is that the honour and the pain of making a choice falls into my lap.

Without much ado, I shall get down to the announcements. I do hope I shall be able to do justice. The task is onerous especially since I feel so strongly about fairness. Injustice of any sort makes me fume. In the 1980's there used to be a serial called "Rajini", a woman with a purpose - to fight injustice and corruption. The role was played by Priya Tendulkar and I was an avid viewer of the serial. Can you blame me if I am reminded of her when I read our very own 'Rajini' aka Agatha's narrative 2g, 3g, 4g-customer Care 0g ? Hats off to her for the persistence and endurance to make sure an erring company paid up what was due to her. It is not a question of the amount, big or small. It is a matter of principle and this is what we so badly need in our country at this point in time. I pray we have many more of her ilk in the times to come. So here comes the 88831.gif for FINEST NARRATION which goes to Agatha83. Am sure the company concerned found an Aunt Agatha in her!!! :blush:

Talking of Aunt Agatha, Aunt Dahlia and consequently Anatole can't be too far from my mind. Talk of food and I shall be all ears and eyes and drool!

Not only has
    rgsrinivasan brought back some memories of my teens, he has also made a solid case for everybody to learn cooking. It is not just a matter of cooking for others, it is an essential survival tool and especially in today's age and era, it is of utmost importance that all individuals - male or female - MUST know how to cook a basic minimum for oneself. Of course when one starts cooking, one discovers at some point of time or the other the delights of feeding others, not to mention the blessings one gets. Annadaata sukhi bhava!!! The 53690.gif for FINEST CONTRIBUTION goes to RGS for his piece WHAT'S COOKING.

My heartiest congratulations to Agatha and RGS and congratulations and THANKS to kkrish, rgsrinivasan and Vijima (iyerviji).

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    iyerviji, mimi77, Cheeniya and 5 others like this.

2. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow Satchi I just posted my nomination , glad RGS is the winner.
    Heart congrats RGS.

4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Heart congrats Agatha . Your every post worthy of award

5. messedup

messedup Platinum IL'ite

6. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

7. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:@Agatha83
    @rgsrinivasan
    HEARTY congratulations and wish you more and more accolades.
    Regards
    GOD BLESS.

Agatha83 likes this.
  8. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

rgsrinivasan and Agatha83 like this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Hearty Congrats to Agatha and RGS
    Jayasala 42

10. Agatha83

Agatha83 IL Hall of Fame

Dear satchi,

It was a certaintly a surprise to see my name getting the first narration award! Heeeey! Thank you IL for presenting me with the red ribbon, the second time, showing your appreciation and recognition for my writing abilities, about which I am always doubtful!
    Thank you once again.

Agatha83

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.