Finest Post Winners - December 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by Cheeniya, Jan 1, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@Iravati
    A very chatty couple!

2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @Iravati
    Thank you. I accept your compliments in the spirit they were given.

I merely follow Richard Feynman's guide for understanding a subject and also his guide for teaching a subject. That's all. Nothing more to it.

Good observation! Also this was awarded when we transited from 2017 to 2018! :)
    Wishing you a wonderful 2018.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
  3. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I have heard about the Tamil writer Sujatha previously on IL. Also, Cho Ramaswamy. Their writing is unfamiliar to me though their names aren’t. I tried to find translations of Cho’s works last time but couldn’t come across a decent English compilation. I will try to search for Sujatha’s works.

Why Transit Date? It’s not pivoted on intellectual dialogue. That’s only a decoy. Leak: I am clumsy with prepositions. Most of my edits are around prepositions trying to fiddle with them till they are harmonious with their neighbouring nouns. Let’s say, the series was a workbook to practise my prepositional usage. I was surprised that my exercise sheet was not only nominated but also won. Now, I am more conscious of getting those pesky English articles right on the follow up tales. Why write online? Chances of corrective pointers on recommended usage of grammar and composition are more when shared online rather than me scribbling away in isolation in a battered journal. I never shied away from admitting publicly that my virtual gig (only social media: IL avatar) is my earnest attempt to fix my grammar as a late bloomer.

Don’t tell this to Poorni and Adi. They think that they are staged in glowing language with meaty roles but they are only minor props working in harness with the under-casted prepositions.

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Iravati,

If at all I end up talking to Poorni, Adi and you, it will be as follows:

Viswa: Do you both know you got most attention in IL for the past few days thanks to a stunning description of your transit dialogue by Ira?

Poorni: Are you saying someone overheard our conversation? It is insane that we have such conversations in transit, Adi.

Adi: My mood to engage in a romantic conversation with you can't be controlled by my senses. If someone overheard our dialogue, it is their fault.

Ira: I just reproduced what was in my journal to practice good writing with proper preposition and I never expected Viswa to bring it up with you.

Poorni: It is all your fault, Adi.

Adi: My romance doesn't wait for anything including time and location

Ira: Again, I was only.........

Viswa: It is all my fault.

5. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

@Thyagarajan

There are impressive men, and then there is one knockout called Thyagu here at IL. We met once in QPQ and I promised to squeal about you and not about your write-up because you are one such member whose guppy writing seems to be a sparkling mirror of your uncloaked personality, whereby, more than your visible thoughts, your hidden and underlying mental faculty attracts me. Today is that revelation day.

I don’t know how to put it without you getting suspicious of my covert motive .. now ... here .. today ... but why ... none effective in deflecting the long overdue conversation we were supposed to have as your style and diction (which I have observing from the sidelines) is unadulterated and winsome. I always grin when I read your tempered and quaint style where every word is carefully hand-picked with such tenderness, which evinces even in your informal turnover. Not one jarring word. Not one high-strung word. Not even one mildly huffy word. Men, and then Thyagu.

I usually nudge few selected people to not change a thing about themselves not because they have attained perfection but they are loudly unique and any popular and best-selling improvement over their existing form may render them impressively ‘common’ from their strikingly ‘distinct’ stature.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

“Mom, this is cauliflower curry.“

“Why, in your country cauliflower looks different?”

“Why are you serving straightaway in a casserole which was atop the stove few seconds ago. Why aren’t you scooping it up in a nice and presentable bowl for me to take a picture of it.”

“Unlike you who cooks less often and spends awful time dressing up your insipid curry in frames and colours and photoshop to pass it off as chewily edible, I would rather cook good and serve straight with no sham.”

“But picture? You would embarrass me with Laks. She would think we are vulgarly middle class for our tastes lacking serving bowls.”

“Who is Lux? Are your friends all weird like you? There is that sideboard with porcelain and silver and glass and plastic. You are free to transfer the contents and click and flaunt as you usually do.”

I was too hungry so skipped. Are all mothers this diabolical ?

Laks09 likes this.
  8. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

(Behind the scenes conversation)

Sats: Cheeniya, you declare Iravati as winner.

Cheeniya: Why me?

Sats: If I declare, she would rap away one essay in return and chew my ear and bleed my nose and knot my tongue and I won’t understand why she had to write an essay instead of a compact and apropos ‘thank you’.

Cheeniya: She might not be that chatty in her acknowledgment speech.

Sats: I cannot take that risk with her. She needs no reason or motive to dump a tankful note.

Cheeniya: Did you mean a thankful note?

Sats: No, I said and meant a tankful, a tanker-sized note.

Cheeniya: Your fear is unnecessary. In any case, I shall declare her the winner.

(Next day)

Sats: Any sign of her.

Cheeniya: Not yet.

(The next day and the next and the next ..)

Sats: Any sign of her.

Cheeniya: Not yet.

(And the next day)

Sats: Why that hot-pack on your head?

Cheeniya: They were too chatty.

Sats: They?

Cheeniya: Yes, she invited her entire wacky cast to receive the award. That’s no tanker, that’s a loud carrier warship.

9. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You are the fortunate ones. I take unrelenting liberties with people whom I trained with earplugs and hot-packs and forceful sleep routines to endure my drone. Rest are safe!

Thank you.

jskls and Laks09 like this.
  10. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

You are even more fortunate ones. With no lingering preface, thank you.

MonikaSG likes this.