Finest Post Nominations - August 2017

Discussion in 'Finest Posts of IL' started by satchitananda, Jul 31, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Seven down. Five more to go – months, I mean. It is fascinating how time flies. The days are growing progressively shorter. August is here and we are all set to see a spate of holidays and major festivals.

Oh brother! What a month this has been! Have been really inundated with exams, work and the like, which is why I have not been around much. I seek your indulgence and do hope you will understand.

Talking of brothers, they are all set to enjoy their place under the sun this month with Raksha bandhan. To all of those who have brothers, cousins, ‘mooh-bole’ bhai and the like, wish you all a very happy festival. For those of us who don’t, I wonder, why is there no sister’s day??? I have a brother – a very dear and loved one. I have my pow-wows with him all the time. I am surprised he endures me the way he does and he’s always there to help whenever I think of him. His birthday is also this month – depending on which calendar you choose to follow, it is on the 14th or the 15th. What am I going to do to celebrate his birthday? Oh well, wish him a happy birthday, love him even more than I have all along and not stuff him with too much of food. He’ll be stuffed with all the cheedais that so many people feed him – he’ll have enough to last him till his next birthday! Of course, I shall think of him every time I churn butter and I shall lick my fingers and send the joy upto him.

Sorry if this sounds a little crazy, but I have two brothers – Krishna and my Ganpya bhau. I just love them as they are portrayed – Krishna the fun-loving, naughty imp who can be very practical and reliable when required and Ganpya bhau the cute elephant headed God who ensures that I don’t come across any road blocks – of course unless there is some good reason for it. I am really fond of elephants and shall tell you more about my tryst with them today elsewhere.

Talking of trysts – it’s been 70 years since our tryst with destiny. Independent India has become a grand old lady of 70 years. What we really need to ask ourselves is what we have achieved in these 70 years. Have we really done justice to the sacrifices of all those who battled and gave up their lives to get us our independence. I’d really like to see our country wake up to all that needs to be done and stop indulging in meaningless, empty jingoism. It is my dream to see our country achieve her fullest potential, not just in terms of scientific and economic progress but in terms of human values. In that sense we have a looooooooong way to go.

So here’s wishing all my sisters and brothers on this forum a very happy Raksha Bandhan, Independence day and Janmashtami.

In the spirit of independence day, please feel free to come and nominate your favourite threads. And here are some cheedais for all of you to entice you to do so. No, I am not above a little bit of harmless bribery. :p

[​IMG]

VaniVyas, Laks09, sindmani and 9 others like this.

2. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Wow awesome post as always Satchi.For me also Lord Krishna and Ganpathi papa are my favourite. Ganpathi because I was born on Chathurthi in August. This year I will complete 74 yrs.I can't believe I am 74 yrs

Naari, Srama, kkrish and 1 other person like this.
  3. satchitananda

Thanks a lot for the very prompt response Vijima! What is 74? It is just a figure. We are as old as we feel and as for you, you are not much older but certainly wiser than all of us. :)

Looking forward to your nominations.

iyerviji likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks do much Satchi dear,ya I feel young at heart . why not when I have loving friends like you

satchitananda likes this.
  5. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Hi @satchitananda Sats.
    I was waiting for @iyerviji to nominate first.
    Anyway she has posted her first comment. So I don't think she will mind if I nominate.

I bring @Srama's Lazy summer days as my first nomination.
    She may not know it, but every time I read @Srama's post it acts like a tonic to the tired mind.

Here it is Lazy Summer Days!

iyerviji, satchitananda and Srama like this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Satchi,

What a nice write up and it is so like you wishing for a better India. The truth is we may all be wishing for a better us wherever we are. That is the need of the hour! August indeed is a special month. It starts with Rakshabandhan and being a pukka kannadiga, it is all about Nagarpanchami, varalakshmi and then all the other festivals we celebrate as a country in the months ahead! For us here it is Back to school, some shopping, Indian festivals in between, friends visiting in the name of festivals, good food, preparations for fall, not to mention the birthdays and anniversaries. So many good things in a month! Love it!

While better India may take a little while, (come on getting a billion onboard will) there is no reason why nominations need not come flowing. Going by the last few months, you are doing awesome here and ILs are responding with enthusiasm. I certainly will do my part!

iyerviji and satchitananda like this.
  7. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear Kamala,

These words mean the world to me. Thank you my dear friend! Thank you!

kkrish likes this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Oh no problem Kamala dear.Now a days I am not so active ,so don't get to nominate first. Also I use mobile more so don't know how to copy paste

kkrish likes this.
  9. satchitananda

Dear Kamala,

What do I say? Sabitha always has this way of making me wish I could drop everything I am doing and just rush over to her garden - summer or winter! If wishes were horses ..... but then they are not, are they?

Thanks a ton for bringing this wonderful snippet to this forum.

kkrish likes this.
  10. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@iyerviji
    Even I can't believe you are 74!

iyerviji likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.