1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fight With Your Spouse But Let It Be a Good Fight

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by varalotti, Jul 13, 2005.

1. meenaprakash

meenaprakash Silver IL'ite

Sridhar,

Just want to add one more sentence - any couple with basic trust & respect for each other and ofcourse LOVE, can definitely finish any argument b4 hitting the bed.

the last para of yours show how love can just end up any kinda fight or negative feeling in a couple. thats a beautiful example cited. I liked that a lot.

"Forgetting for a moment that they were in a seminar hall she threw up every thing and ran into her husband’s arms. In the end as well as in the beginning nothing can beat real love".

2. purnima_2k

purnima_2k Senior IL'ite

Nice Article again!

A thought provoking article really! Out of my lil experience in marital life i would liek to say that any fights big or small, diplomatic or undiplomatic, please SOLVE IT BEFORE U GO TO sleep . And also , remember, the person who makes the first move(shedding his/her ego, is not the weaker sex, but the stronger sex), but if there is a strong fault in the opposite side, they certainly owe an apology!

SAy to each other "i love u " and a big hug before u sleep. That really matters! :)

thanks varalotti once again for setting me think...

Purnima

3. sumi

sumi New IL'ite

For working women - it is worst!

Hi Varalotti

It is a very nice article about the fighting between the husband and wife. Main issue in this matter is egoistic problem. And if it is working women means, then it will be worst.

So they both have to share their thoughts, and be ready to apologize each other. Then only it will be cool. Otherwise there is no end for this.

sumi

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 1, 2006
  4. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Purnima and Sumi For The Nice Words!

Purnima and Sumi, thanks for the words of praise. What you said, Purnima, is correct. You should never take any issue to bed. Then it gets petrified and the next morning it shows its ugly, monstrous face and soon becomes a big fight leading to disaster.
    And Sumi, yes, I have seen working women suffering a lot more than housewives in this area. That's because the husband finds it difficult to do a part of the household work, where he does and the woman finds it almost impossible to do work at office and at home as well.
    Both of you would have been tired reading a heavy article about fighting. So to relax your minds (and of course to think more) why don't you visit my thread The Failure of A Love Marriage in Singles Forum and give your views?
    Sorry I am dragging you people to threads all my own. If you feel it's heavy, just leave it. I'll understand.
    Varalotti

5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

What is there that I cannot agree with u, dear friend.

The jack example, I love u, and others are so good and nice.You made me think.I am guilty fo a few vices, and I must now brush myself up.

Superb.regards.kamal

I will not read more, bcs u will not write new blogs faster, so I will go slow and read a few of yrs everyday to last me a long long time.

Regards.kamal

6. Saahithya

Saahithya Silver IL'ite

Varalotti sir

again a big BowBowBow

I am 100% in agreement with whatever you mentioned and sometimes I myself am an example of that borrow thejack syndrome...however I will ensure to keep a check on it going forward...

I really appreciate this sentence you mentioned in the post..its really worth giving a thought..." if the love is there your heart would find many spontaneous ways to end a fight in a sweet note. "

Last edited: Jul 31, 2008
  7. varalotti

Dear, dear, Kamal,
    thanks. I am happy that this article interests you. It was published in Alive Magazine a few years back.
    Kamal, you are welcome to read my blogs, any time you want, at any pace you want. Don't worry about my new blogs. I am taking care of them as well.
    But take it from me. Your fb will get a prompt reply from me. For I love you so much.
    regards,

8. varalotti

Saahithya,
    Even now I use the Jack story when I see my temper is getting out of my control. I cool down immediately, at least most of the time.
    Thanks for your kind words of appreciation.
    love,

9. creeper

creeper Senior IL'ite

Hello Sridhar ji..

really amazing..superb ..enlightening and mind blowing article..hatsoff to you for your reasoning ....
    Most beautiful line in your article which I love is "..if love is there your heart would find many spontaneous ways to end a fight in a sweet note. " ...thats 100% correct..
    i totally agree with you that we should nullify our toxic thoughts by remembering our good times and the most happy moments..
    if one start pulling the thread and the other also drags from the other end..that gonna break...so we should try to loosen it up from our side with our expecting that from the other side......for that we should give up our egos...thats what I believe….
    before..when we have some arguemnts which turn up into fights..to be frank ..my hubby was first to cut that topic right at that time..but i wouldn't allow that topic to get cut and i used drag it and it would end up in to great mess...anyways after that i used to clean it up..but the pain during that fight,,is too painful and horrible..so one day i took one paper and noted the points which lead us to the arguments and i took care that we will not discuss or wander more around those topics ..suppose by mistake we start discussing or arguing I learned to change the topic with out hurting or getting hurt….trust me…it helped me a lottttttttttttt…
    now …I don’t say we don’t have any fights…but preferably not bad fights….only…GOOD FIGHTS…

I have read all verses in this thread…each and everyone gave me one or the other point to broaden my view …I thank you all …
    Bye
    creeper

10. varalotti

Hello Creeper,
    thanks for the kind words. I am happy to know that this article and the points given by others have helped you.
    Your idea of noting down the sensitive points and avoiding arguments on them is quite commendable.
    thanks for the fb, creeper.
    love,