1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling Helpless..please Help!

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by Zxcv, Apr 2, 2018.

1. Zxcv

Zxcv Silver IL'ite

Thank you very much! All these replies make me feel better and your advice means so much to me. I am def trying to make peace with the fact with reality. Neutrality is something that I am trying (very hard) to learn and apply in my daily life.

One thing I know I can never hate my sister or her family for that matter. Angry and hurt - yes. I just wish things were better.

As I read through other posts I understand the "count your blessings" part. I have started reading more books, volunteered for a few more projects at work and started exercising (based on all your advices). It already am able to find the difference. Thank you!!

Sandycandy likes this.
  2. Zxcv

Zxcv Silver IL'ite

Hi Shreema,

Am so glad to know you have such amazing friends in your life! There is nothing like it at all. Have been there and now like you said waiting for the tide to change J

Sandycandy likes this.
  3. kalpas

kalpas Bronze IL'ite

Extremely thoughtful and practical reply. We are born with people so that we learn the lessons of our life. In many families two sisters or two brothers are totally different in nature. Some parents without their knowledge or due to some reasons of insecurity favor one kid over the other. Sibling rivalry starts right there. Also totally opposite nature includes that one may be more talented than the other, one may be more beautiful the other etc. This invariably make one sibling jealous of the other.

In your case, added to other factors you were quiet independent from young and seems like too focused on yourself more. That is fine. That is how GOD has designed. This would have aggravated the situation. You have tried your best in relating with your sister. If it has not worked out, just leave it. Have good intentions for her.

As others have mentioned your husband is the greatest blessing. Focus on this relationship. Many men take advantage of this gap ( i meant gap between you and your sister and you and your parents ) and make you feel bad and put you down. In your case your husband has been extremely supportive and understanding. That is GOD's greatest gift for you. Not many in this group are fortunate enough. Treasure and Nurture that relationship.

Focus on your job and your family. Treat your sister as a person who came to teach you some lessons in LIFE. At the end of the day , from each relationship we learn , mature and grow.

So be grateful and enjoy your journey of LIFE. Be there for your sister always. Dont expect that she should be there for you. Find happiness and peace in being the person GOD has created you as.

Good Luck

Zxcv, Sandycandy and GeetaKashyap like this.
  4. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Let her go. Your parents will not understand you.p My parents can go on for weeks without talking to me. They communicate with relatives they don't get on well with but not with me. My sister does the same. If I say something they gang up and point fingers at me. I also feel a strange emptiness in my life but nothing can be done. Sometimes we have to accept things and people the way they are.