1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Feeling guilty/sad/bad

Discussion in 'Toddlers' started by BDivya, Feb 2, 2016.

1. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

Hi all,

my son will turn 2 this march 20th.. and i have started day care for him since jan29th onwards..like some 3 days he s been to day care for 2 hours each day.. he s crying a lottttt :( im feeling very bad n sad n guilty for putting him in day care..but i hav no option as im working full time.. :( i am not able to see him cry and the teachers take him inside and he calling out-ammma amma!!! i want to go and crying :( this is really heart breaking :(
    has anyone been thru this???
    when will he settle over there??
    how can i handle him and myself??? :(

2. shobhamma

shobhamma Gold IL'ite

Do not worry dear and do not feel guilty.
    All children cry whether they have working or non working mothers.
    All my children cried but they all settle down mostly as soon as you are out of site. Some may take a little longer but ultimately they all do and are happy too.

I am a grandmother now , but I remember I used to cry when left at school! Used to make a right nuisance of myself but Hope am better now! :rotfl

anika987 and BDivya like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

has anyone been thru this???

Almost everyone:-D

when will he settle over there??

Have patience,it takes time. Besides he is not crying all the time.

how can i handle him and myself??? :(

He will handle himself soon...as for you....
    console1

sslkgpaa, Amica, NeetaR and 1 other person like this.
  4. Justanotherwife

Justanotherwife IL Hall of Fame

Ditto. Couldn't have said it better. You will be fine very soon Divya :thumbsup

2 people like this.
  5. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

thank u all :) the day care teacher says the same thing that he will settle when i ll go out of his site!! but thats like a punishment for me!! :( i just dont want t leave that place and go..when im handing over my baby to them he starts to cry very badly and loudly and till i cross the building i cud hear him screaming and crying then i feel very sad.. :( how come he will settle wen i give him to other person?? he sees me leaving and this make him to cry even more:(:(

6. Angiee

Angiee Silver IL'ite

Hi Bdivya,

I can understand how much it pains. I am a working mom and I have a DS who is 15 months old. I leave him with his grand mom and dad and come to work. He would get to know that I am going out when i stand near the bible shelf for a quick prayer. He will come hold my legs and ask me to lift him says "amma amma". and my MIL would come, lift him and go inside. He would look at me sadly, innocently. That look tears my heart. I will come out of the house so burdened or crying. every working mom life is like this. I am telling you all this to make you feel better.

You can spend more time with your son on weekends or you can sweetly tell your son that he has to go to daycare without crying, because there he can make new new friends there. or you can sweetly ask him what and all he did there on that day. what he learnt, how many friends he met. how he behaved. etc etc... and tell him "fabulous! tomorrow do like this. do it this way."

In the beginning, every child cries to go to school\day care. but all will be OK after sometime. Cheer up dear! He will be fine (to daycare) in few days! :)

NeetaR and BDivya like this.
  7. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

It is absolutely ok if the child cries or feels sad upon their parents' departure to work at the beginning. It takes time for them to accept this and understand this. They will soon adapt to this and enjoy with whoever available to care for them. This is what called childhood, as these kids can easily adapt to any changes unlike we adults.

However, if a child constantly look sad, cries or not ready to leave the parent during their time of departure, it is a red flag. It means many things, including a possibility of lack of care, lack of love, lack of affection from the care giver.

I know many kids turn out to be perfectly fine with day care, nanny or staying with relatives kind of arrangements. This is how we working women manage our motherhood responsibilities. However, there are considerable incidents where kids show signs of red flags, where they cry, refuse to go, reluctant to go, behavioral changes etc...
    Even though parents have unavoidable tight schedules, kids' safety should be their first priority. So, always be vigilant about your kid's behavior.

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

OP....you leave him,he cries ,you feel bad.
    If you left him and he did not cry...you would be feeling worse and starting a thread....
    Feel so bad/sad.DS doesn't miss me.....:rotfl

Just think....he cries because he loves you. You cry because you love him.....
    Soon it will be distant memory...sigh!!.....I mean crying,not love.:coffee

sslkgpaa, Amica, NeetaR and 3 others like this.
  9. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

hahahhahahaha !!!!
    thats soooo true!!!!!!!!!!!
    i would have probably started a thread as u said!!! :)

10. BDivya

BDivya Platinum IL'ite

thank uuuuu :) i hope he become better soon :)