1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Fathers behaviour

Discussion in 'Parents & Siblings' started by pmandy, Dec 18, 2013.

1. pmandy

pmandy New IL'ite

Thanks to all for your suggestions. I will try to listen dad and give him a patient ear.

2. Deepanv

Deepanv Senior IL'ite

Hey.. Now, do not have any hard feelings for your mother after hearing all this. Probably, your dad wants to just share somethings with you. Does your sister know of it? Good Luck.

3. pmandy

pmandy New IL'ite

No. Dad did nt share with sister as she can not visit our home too frequently. Also he told me that he did not want to share with me or my sister. Though I did not listen him completely, i came to knw so many things which i mentioned in my posts.

4. pmandy

pmandy New IL'ite

I tried to listen to dad. But there is not much change in situation.

5. shantana

shantana Platinum IL'ite

dear OP, what is ur dad's intention on telling abt the affair now, after all these years?
    did u manage to hear out ur dad fully?

6. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

pmandy,how was the relationship between your parents ...was your dad a caring husband? Did they have some major issues that caused friction?Is it possible that your mom just talked to that man and allowed him to come home and talk just to make your dad jealous ? Sometimes people do that...sometimes they do it just to hurt their partner for the wrongs they feel were done to them. We tend to see parents only as parents....not as a man and a woman.

7. pmandy

pmandy New IL'ite

That is what confusing about his behavior. Why all of sudden now? It was something unexpected for me. Initially i stopped him. But after suggestion fron this forum, I managed to listen him fully.

8. yellowmango

What did your dad expect you to do? Did he expect you to intervene before the "so called affair"started again?

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  9. pmandy

pmandy New IL'ite

No I think she will not do such things to feel him jealous. Also she was caught while talking to him. She did not do it in font of him. When she was late to reach back home, father went to see her and saw her talking. So it was not intentional. Also she was just talking so it was not something suspicious.We never found anything wrong with their relationship except few small issues.May be he wanted to share with someone.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2014
  10. yellowmango

True...may be he just wanted to share man to man.If it was just talking...them maybe you can console him and say the same that it is just talking and may be he should try and spend more time talking to your mom.Tell him to take her out on a vacation.