1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facts of life

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jan 8, 2015.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can’t buyMany of us associatemoney to happiness. To a certain extent money may be important, in order to fulfill basic needsand responsibilities towards the well being of self, family, community and loved ones. But beyond a point money cannot replace relationships. It cannot buy happiness. It cannot make you truly rich.As they rightly say ” A truly rich man is the one whose children run into his arms when his arms are empty”.

We all know money cant buy happiness. I always used to dream should have a luxurious house, should be married to a person holding a big position etc. etc when I was young. I think all girls dream like. Though that dream was not fulfilled but today I feel I am the happiest person in the world. Have a small house only and have a gem of a person who is very simple and after retirement does lot of social service who has attended so many funerals because ofbeing in that Samithi and I dont think he will have next janma. He never expects anything from anyone but does service to whoever seeks and when people phone and ask his advice and thank him for whatever help he rendered I feel very happy. I understood this gives more happiness than money.

Learnt in life that we should not wait for tomorrow to do anything but do it now only as it is said in Hindi ,
    Kal Kare So Aaj Kar,
    Aaj kare so ab.
    Pal mein parlay ho jayega,
    Bahuri karega kab.

Usually during New Year I phone close friends and relatives but now due to modern technology its done through mobile or facebook. This time on 1st Jan I was busy as I had to attend Navagraha Pooja after finishing cooking and Pooja at home. So did not get time. Then for 3 days busy in Ayyappa Pooja. Since two days was thinking of phoning my elder brother but forgot. Today he himself phoned and I was feelng bad that I should have phoned earlier . Today was surprises only , early morning my sister phoned since she had not phoned since two days, everyday we talk on the phone but since she is busy with family matters, she only phones whenever she gets time and does not phone early morning. I was surprised to get call early morning and she told me today all have already gone out so phoned to tell you that I am better because you will be worried. Was very happy to get their calls early morning and felt I got their blessings. A friend of mine had given me lot of Chamanti flowers . She had gone to buy and so nice of her that she thought of me and bought for me also. I was very happy to do archana with Chamanti to Lord Saibaba, because they say it is very good to offer Chamanti to Saibaba. So I felt blessed. This is happiness .

Among my siblings I used to feel I am not saying in a big house and dont have much facilities , but now I understood that I am the luckiest and blessed that I am able to attend poojas, functions etc . Since my elder sister and elder brother have health problems they are not able to go out and due to modern technology they enjoy hearing bhajans, music , seeing poojas through TV. My elder brother 83 yrs ld used to go for Rudra japam etc. but now he is not able to go. Hope God keeps us healthy and we are able to attend poojas. Since Monday Harikeertan is going on in the evening , I attended on Tuesday and yesterday. Today is the last day

While working we think we should attend poojas and spend our time in spiritual functions after retirement because then we will be free. But we dont realise that how it is going to be after retirement. My brother in law's wife thought that she can go and stay with her daughter who was going to get married and go to Bangalore. But so sad after her daughter's engagement she expired when she had just crossed fifty. My husband's nephew bought a new house and decorated it very nicely but he could not stay as he was working away from the City. When he got transferred he could not enjoy staying in that house because he expired at that time.

Better not to postpone anything and enjoy the present and do things when we get opportunity.

I am posting the archana photo to take Lord's blessings IMG_20150108_101912.jpg

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Ma,

Namaskaram Happy New Year. Bless me and wish me. Very happy to see your note that rupee note will not bring happiness. The real happiness is our own blood brothers and sisters and our children only. Thanks for sharing your pooja room in the site. Did two miniutes prayer to make this world full of happiness with more love and affection towards each other by not attacking using terrorism kind of word. Felt that a Mom warm wish that was shared in an affectionate way which cannot be measurable. A holy and affectionate sharing. May GOD bless you good health and happiness. Do not know how to express my feelings. Made my very happy by seeing your thread.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

So rightly said Vijima. Never postpone anything. Whatever you want to do, do it NOW.

1 person likes this.
  4. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Sree dear Happy New Year to too. Glad to get your feedback. Glad to know you did prayer seeing my pooja room, thanks.Thanks for your good wishes , Glad to know you liked the thread which mad eyou happy

5. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Satchi dear

6. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Well said Viji.'Now' is the time to do anything.
    The time we think of doing a good thing is the most auspicious time and we need not even look into panchangam for rahukalam etc ,if the intention is good.That is how we have been trained by elders.

Jayasala 42

radv, iyerviji and Saisakthi like this.
  7. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True Jayakka if the intention is good then we need not see the time.Thanks Jayakka

8. Alyssum

Alyssum Platinum IL'ite

Hi iyerviji ma,

I am happy to read your post.
    Especially I like this sentence,

Nice.

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome to my thread and glad you liked my post

10. iyerviji