1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Facebook love triangle... sort of... (not urgent)

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Rihana, Feb 22, 2013.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Three young people, in their early twenties in a university or first job. Let's call them B,C,D. They are good friends and hang out together.

- B and C like/love D. D thinks of them as just friends.
    - D gets closer to C and they become a pair.
    - B leaves the group.
    - Finally, B,C,D all end up getting married to other letters of the alphabet, and all are living happily ever after in different parts of the world.

Nine years go by. One of them gets in touch with the other by FB. But that person doesn't want to renew contacts. Says wants to leave that part of life in the past. Person is termed as childish, and not letting bygones be bygones...

Is this not wanting to renew contacts childish? Or protecting self?

-R (not B,C,D) :)

3 people like this.

2. arch1209

arch1209 Platinum IL'ite

Depends on people involved. I personally think I don't have the maturity to handle being friends with an ex....However, I have seen people do it and it works perfectly for a lot of people! I think it is an individual's choice if someone is uncomfortable being friends with ex or they are not to proud about their past it is okay!

4 people like this.
  3. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

9 years later: This is my kiddo asking didn't you find anyone better than dad and I responding - 'oh yeah, showing X (nah nah ..does not mean there are D-Y in between), I was supposed to marry HIMM'

Psst.. protecting self (grandeur image) and not renewing contacts lest it is shattered.

4 people like this.
  4. justanothergirl

justanothergirl IL Hall of Fame

Cant think straight without that A.....now why did u have to leave A out and start with B C and D...:rant
    Are u A? Huh?:rotfl
    Some can fall in love...and if things dont work out let go and move on.
    ...for some it lasts a lifetime whether or not it ends in a marriage.
    Its better in such cases to let sleeping dogs lie.

8 people like this.
  5. Uttaraa

Uttaraa Platinum IL'ite

Tussi cha gayi..JAG. Ever auditioned for Charlie's angels?

2 people like this.
  6. helpmeangel

helpmeangel Platinum IL'ite

No way I will want to be in touch with my Ex. There was/is a reason why we did not end up together and am in no hurry to rekindle that sort of friendship again. I am sure it will bring back old memories and I do not think I am ready to spend any more time worrying over the past.

2 people like this.
  7. plantscantalk

plantscantalk Gold IL'ite

Why do you hate :( the alphabet 'A' so much, yaa?
    When you mentioned, one of the letters was on FB, i thought it was some fancy dieting program or some psychedelic drug.

Edit: just read the smart quip from JAG who has belled the cat i.e your hatred towards 'A'.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. SreeSri

SreeSri Gold IL'ite

I know a person who had his fist love (one way love) for a long time and this guy and that gurl got married for diff persons and still this guy likes her(they are very old folks now) and named his kid after his old gurl friend. Still they both talk to one other but they respect their families and respective relationships..
    One should have the ability to understand the reality from the emotional impracticality, then why not be friends for life?

2 people like this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

People people people! :) So much focus on A being absent... I started from B, for the simble reason that A is a word in addition to being a letter of the alphabet. Isn't A's life already complicated enough for being called upon to be a pseudonym for people with old-flame-on-FB problems? :)

At least, no one so far tried to guess the genders of B,C,D. :)

3 people like this.
  10. Ansuya

Ansuya Platinum IL'ite

Rihana, thanks for the always-entertaining posts/threads. The amount of time I spend watching TV is reduced, and you deserve some of the credit for that.

A few quick thoughts

1) Facebook is evil
    2) Maybe the person being contacted has many valid reasons (beyond simply not being able to forgive/get over unrequited love or old flame) for not wanting to renew ties.
    3) Isn't it rather self-serving to "guilt" someone into doing something you want them to do by calling them names? It seems to me that this sort of tactic is more childish than not wanting to compromise privacy, peace of mind (or whatever) by re-visiting the past. If I really cared/care about someone, I would care about their feelings, and respect the decisions they made, even if that decision was to not have contact with me. Was this charge of childishness made in public, on Facebook, for everyone else to see?
    4) Facebook is evil.

4 people like this.