Ezdan Compounds, Al Wakra

Discussion in 'Indians in Doha' started by happy_feet, Sep 11, 2014.

1. happy_feet

happy_feet New IL'ite

We are planning to shift to Al Wakra area, due to my daughter’s school, and the only rental house that we came across is in Ezdan area. Can someone help me who is already staying in Ezdan villages as to pros and cons to live there. I came to know that these apartments come fully furnished and water and electricity is included in the rent and all the compounds have their own parking, children’s play area,gym, grocery store and cafe. Is it so??

Apart from that I also came to know that there seems to be some parking issues, some bachelor problems, some fighting incidents and some furniture related problems.

Can anyone please clarify on the above issues?? Along with the different types and sizes of apartments/villas on offer and their rents, if there is any shuttle service to Doha city, or anything that one feels I should know before making the decision to move.

Thanks.

Last edited: Sep 11, 2014

2. MadhuSharmila

MadhuSharmila IL Hall of Fame

Hi happy_feet,

One of my friends stays in Ezdan 30 Wakra. They are not quite happy with it. Walls have blistered both inside their home and outside on the common area, but no measures were taken to repair even after repeated complaints.

And, the furnitures they have are not quite strong and some chairs broke on sitting. Wherever you go, check the water draining facilities in the bathroom.

But, they have got good household appliances and no complaints on parking and other facilities.

This may not be the case with every house. May be you could check properly before moving in.

1 person likes this.
  3. happy_feet

happy_feet New IL'ite

Thnaks Madhu for the quick reply. Any idea about the different sizes of apartments they have and their rent??

4. charruraj

charruraj Junior IL'ite

Hi happy_feet,
    We are living in EZDAN for the past 18months. Its all fully furnished and as Madhu said the quality of the furniture are not good. And if they are not under good condition while vacating then u'll be charged for it. they deduct from the advance.

Pros:
    1.Fully furnished, water and electricity inclusive
    2.Covered car parking-parking will not be an issue
    3.Bachelors accommodation are only in selected compounds and families are not accommodated there.
    4.Mini marts, play area,gym, swimming pool and tennis courts
    5. Ezdan has shuttle services to City center.

Cons:
    1.Far from city and traffic in peak hours is terrible.
    2. Service on renewal\termination of contract is unpleasant.
    3. While vacating they check for the damages and charge for unnecessary things
    4. Rents have been increased drastically this year.

Hope I helped you.

1 person likes this.
  5. premabarani

premabarani Gold IL'ite

Hi Charu
    Thank you very much for the updates. Even we were seriously thinking about the Ezden Villas. Only I was resisting because it is faraway from my hospital & my children's school.
    One of my colleague is tempting me saying it is cheap, good maintenance etc etc.
    Still it is in my last choice.
    Prema barani

1 person likes this.
  6. happy_feet

happy_feet New IL'ite

Hello Charu,

Thanks for such a detailed reply. If you don’t mind, I have few more questions.

What about the availability of private/karwa taxi from Ezdan. Are they easily available or you have to keep some private taxi person’s number and call him all the time and how much do they charge to come to the city, say city centre mall or something like that??

Do the shuttle service charge or is it free and how frequently and reliable are they??

Are all 2-bedroom apt same or is there something like small, medium and big?? What are the rents for them?? And is the rent different from compound to compound or are they same throughout all??

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  7. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

I too stay in ezdan31. Our is new building and our furniture are in good condition. Mine is 3 bedroom apartment. It is spacious. Parking is not a problem. One of my friends is staying in ezdan 2. It is a mini Tamilnadu only. Around 25 tamil families staying there. They have many activities.

If your kid is in Doha British school, you can try ezdan 2.it is very near to school.

1 person likes this.
  8. charruraj

charruraj Junior IL'ite

Hi Prema,
    Ya, if you are used being in Doha then Wakra might not sound flashy..Regarding rents,yes its cheap when compared to Doha.

Again shifting here depends on your convenience and commutation time to work place.

9. charruraj

charruraj Junior IL'ite

Happy feet,
    Regarding Taxi, Alijarah taxi workers accommodation is in one of the EZDAN compounds. We have one of the driver number and book them in case of any need. I would say taxi availability is not that easy when compared to Doha, you cannot just come out and hire a taxi as you would in doha. You should have booked one. I do not have an idea about the rates, but is little high. Shuttle services are once or twice in a day to city center i believe.

There are 1,2,3 and 4 BHK houses in every compound. Rents are same across all the compounds. For 2BHK its 5300\month and for 1 BHK i think its 3700\month.

2 people like this.
  10. harsha9992

harsha9992 New IL'ite

Hi, we are planning to shift to ezdan 2 bedroom on may 1st. Would like to know Whether the company will change the existing furniture as ours is going to be a contract transfer from the existing tenant.

Thank you