1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Everyone Accept It

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by g3sudha, Jan 29, 2012.

1. mickeymini

mickeymini Gold IL'ite

:yes::yes::yes: Its really true....

2. virilevisu

virilevisu Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

I have a question....
    why to improve/change the things always around and wont accept the things as it is?

We are all different and unique and everyone has their own set of qualities or features or habits.
    The habit/think which u like may or may not be liked by me and vice-versa.

If you like good things about a person ... you should be in a postion to accept the bad things about him also.
    But it doesn't mean to improve the things...
    say a habit which he is habituated from years won't change overnight or over some period.
    First of all we have a problem called ego.. and we wont let the things to be changed....
    say for example I am in a habit which I am doing from the past 20 yrs or so... and suddenly someone comes and tries to change the same... how difficult it will be... still I try to change the habit with great pain....
    but in the mean time... again that someone comes and points at the same habit that.. you wont change.. you wont change....
    then how should I feel about it... though I am trying to change why is this someone again blaming on this?? or yeah gr8 someone is encouraging me???????

I am not arguing the statement....but trying to find the root cause and a proper solution..

3. sheel

sheel Bronze IL'ite

@viri: You are absolutely correct..If everyone in world try to adjust with others good and bad points..then thereis no problem at all..Problem arises only when one tries to change one habit.. saying its wrong..it could be either cooking,dressing,way of speaking of anything else..

4. sravanitenali

sravanitenali IL Hall of Fame

5. silvertulip

silvertulip Platinum IL'ite

I know it feels really irritating when someone tells u to change ur habits. I have lived my life in a certain way for past 26 yrs and now I am asked to change it. At times I get highly annoyed with my MILs free lectures on how should I live my life, how should I dress up, how should I behave with people, how and when should I get them gifts, how should I manage home all that blah blah.. At times I wonder if I am really that bad that my MIL is pushing me so hard to change things about me as if I am the worst person on this earth!! I really feel like telling her that I am the same person whom u dislike so much and change but ur son fell in love & got married to this worst person on this earth. Now after being married I have become very moody and irritated and my hubby is like u were never like this, and I can't tell him that with ur mother I am so stressed and frustrated, I don't feel happy being in the house. But I can't tell him this thing that I dislike his mother's ways of improving me!! When one is forced is change her ways, that is were the problems come up.

6. riyagan

riyagan Gold IL'ite

excuse me...am i the only one feeling the way i feel??? just after we enter marriage dont we (girls) change? dont we adapt to the surrounding without raising any questions? dont we dress for our hubby's wish? dont we sit and eat where our inlaws want us to? dont we miss to attend our parents side relatives functions but attend every single puny functions of our inlaw side?? no wonder we girls dont realize how much we transform ourselves for others after marriage. becos as girls, we are brought up to get married to the dominants..we are taught to be patient..we taught to hav tolerance we are taught to adjust our hubby and inlaws... so, now, is it that difficult for a hubby to change and understand this new innocent girl entered his family to reserve him all happiness that he never experienced before in his life? is it that difficult for a hubby to bring smile on her face and give her tiny moments of happiness from a place which he lives since he born?? its not fair.

2 people like this.
  7. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

Well said Gayu........This should be dedicated to all MIL

1 person likes this.
  8. Madhumidha

Madhumidha Gold IL'ite

:exactly:Well said ... All men and their moms should try to understand !!!
    But they can't ;-)

9. g3sudha

g3sudha IL Hall of Fame

not they cant but they will not.........

10. anurar20

anurar20 IL Hall of Fame

good one..........