1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Evergreen DEV ANAND is no more..........

Discussion in 'Movies' started by rkgurbani, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Vasuma09

Vasuma09 IL Hall of Fame

Sorry to hear this news !!! May his soul rest in peace.

2. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

This is truly shocking! I just purchased the Dec'2011 Filmfare magazine last Friday and was reading about an article written about Dev Anand. What a remarkable star. And it's so amazing to see how he held his own style and talent against all the biggies during his time.

I used to think that Aamir Khan is the only actor who could come close to replicate Dev Anand's poise and immaculate style. But the more movies of Dev Anand I saw, the more I think that there's no actors like him. He's truly a gem. May His soul rest in peace.

1 person likes this.
  3. rkgurbani

rkgurbani IL Hall of Fame

This man is truly a valuable gem ..... an "Anmol Ratna" in India's treasure box.

It has been announced that his funeral will be in London and sadly, not in his motherland where millions are longing to have his last darshan.

May his soul rest in peace...

4. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So of that era only Dilip Kumar is left.

I think today his body is coming from London, I always loved to see his movies.

Many his soul rest in peace.

5. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

RKG
    I read here on the net that they are getting his body to India. Wouldn't that be difficult to have his funeral in London......when so many of his welwishes want to take his last darshan.

6. AkhilaaSaras

AkhilaaSaras Gold IL'ite

Shocking to hear. I love his style always. May his soul rest in peace

7. Sofea

Sofea IL Hall of Fame

Raj Kapoor was bubbly, Dilip Kumar was the tragic but Dev Anand was the charismatic one. He created his own mannerisms which were just amazing to watch. I love the way he shakes his head while singing or the way he smokes his cigars by the side of his lips. In one particular film (can't remember the title), I remember watching him buttoning his jacket in one hand. Immediately, I tried to replicate his act but couldn't. He's a gem, truly :cry:

8. sherin78

sherin78 Silver IL'ite

He was the most stylish actor of his period.I loved all his movies till Hare Rama Hare Krishna. Not to forget the songs, all used to be lovely. Still I prefer to hear his Guide movie songs to any recent Bollywood number. May his soul rest in peace.

9. rkgurbani

Yes dear....I also still watch Rangoli on Sunday mornings without fail. Am sure, next week's episode will be dedicated to Dev Anand.

10. rkgurbani

That will be nice if his last ries are done in India. Really felt sad yesterday when they told in the news channels that he will be cremated in London.
    At least here in his own land, he has millions of people who have grown up listening to his songs and watching his movies.