1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Even Gods Have Problems

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Kamalji, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Even Gods Have Problems

My nephew dragged me to a Satsangh, saying u are sitting whole day at home,and I went reluctantly.And I said to myself, that since I have not slept well these last few days, maybe the boring satsang will put me to sleep for a few hours.

Well, I was in for a pleasant surprise. The saint was really good, and humerous, and he broached the topic of human problems. He said we are all complaining allthe time, but even the gods have their own set of problems, much more than us. Here is what he said, this is what I remember from his speech.

Lord Shiva and Vishnu were sitting one day, and Shiva was complaining to Vishnu

about his problems.Here is what he said.

I have two sons Ganesh and Kartikiya.(I did not know about kartikya).Ganesh Sits on a mouse, kartikya sits on a peacock. And I have a snake around my neck.

The peacock eyes the snake(peacocks eat snakes). My snake eyes Ganesha’s Mouse. Worse, I sit on the Nandi, the Bull, and my wife Parvati sits on the lion. Now the lion is eyeing my Nandi.

I have so much trouble balancing these things about.

Worse still, Parvati does not like her sister , Ganga to sit on my head. It is so cold on Kailash, and with all these problems, very little clothes on me, I wanted to kill myself.i drank poison, but that got stuck in my throat, and I cant even die .

Vishnu said, your problems are nothing , listen to mine.

I have one son, Kaamdev, the lord of lust. He has created havoc in the cosmos. I am ashamed.

I have one wife. Laxmi. Everyone prays to me, but want her to come to their house.And no one wants to let her go. Shiva, ur wife is with u, mine is roaming all around the world,with no one wanting to leave her, how would u feel in my place?

Also my Vahaan, the vehicle of travel, is Garud, the big bird. I have no seat belt, so cold up there, and one swish, and I am dead.

You are sitting in one place , kailash, and look at me I am sitting in the ocean, on the head of Sheeshnag, with multiple heads, and if one head goes wonky and bites me, I am dead .

I was laughing all the way, sleep disappeared, and I came to realize that saintly teaching are not bad, that I should have listened more in my younger days, but never mind,I enjoyed this one this one a lot.

Yes we all have problems, each human being having his or her own set of problems.But we have to face them and get along.

Take care friends, I am rusty after a long layoff.

So forgive my errors if u can.

KAMAL MAHTANI

A husband visited a marriage counsellor and said: "When we were first married, I would come home from the office, my wife would bring my slippers and our cute little dog would run around barking.

Now after ten years it's different. I come home, the dog brings the slippers and my wife runs around barking."

Said the counsellor: "Why complain. You are still getting the same service.

In the corporate world they call it.....

Job Rotation!"

======================================================================================The underwear making company, Jockey was having a tough time with stock shortages.On departure for home, all workers' bags were searched and everything always seemed OK. All security measures you can think of were put in place, Auditors were called in but still no one was caught and stock continued to disappear.

All workers, including management were checked on departure, each wearing just one underwear and no one was caught with more than one pair.

Then....

One day, the security was advised to check all workers on their arrival.

He got a shock of his life....

puni88, sindmani, joylokhi and 12 others like this.

2. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Superlike !
    Nephew dragged you to satsang ! Generally it’s other way round . Iam sure what a cool Mama/ Chacha you will be to hang out with .
    Lord Shiva story cracked me up like anything esp the poison part ! Hilarious ... awesome , worth sharing :)

I too went to a puja few days back and Pandit here was ultra cool , he said the first dharma of our religion is to take care of ourself , everything comes later .
    Liked it , you cannot serve from empty vessel .
    Now dnt tell me you are reminded of alcohol when I said empty vessels :)
    Keep writing , delightful read it was !
    Adding on your behalf ....

HA HA HA HA ...

3. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ashish,
    Thanks a ton for the super like.i thought that I am Rusty as I don't write much these days .
    I don't lack topics ,but laziness I guess.
    You prepped me up.
    Thanks.
    Kamal

4. hino

hino Silver IL'ite

Kamalji....Best one in recent times. Please keep writing regularly.

Job rotation is hillarious :) :roflmao:

Kamalji likes this.
  5. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Thanks.i will try to write two blogs a week.

satchitananda likes this.
  6. ashima10

ashima10 Platinum IL'ite

Ashima :) the one from namesake :)
    I can totally get the laziness part , get relate everything .
    So many ideas buzzing in mind yet laziness rules over all of them .

Kamalji likes this.
  7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Kamalaji... nice post after a gap...

Hilarious yet thought provoking it was.. even God has problems :) enjoyed reading ...:)

Kamalji likes this.
  8. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Really liked this ....thanks for posting...

I too went to a puja few days back and Pandit here was ultra cool , he said the first dharma of our religion is to take care of ourself , everything comes later .
    Liked it , you cannot serve from empty vessel ...... :)

Kamalji likes this.
  9. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Dear kamalji,
    simply superb! Everyone is abducting Lakshmi and deprive Vishnu of his company.Poor Vishnu!.Really hilarious!
    jayasala 42

Kamalji likes this.
  10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

Kamalji likes this.