Enlightening Thought A Day!!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by EnlightenedSoul, Dec 16, 2016.

1. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

The Tale Of Two Pebbles

Many years ago in a small Indian village, a farmer had the misfortune of owing a large sum of money to a village moneylender. The moneylender, who was old and ugly, fancied the farmer’s beautiful daughter. So he proposed a bargain. He said he would forgo the farmer’s debt if he could marry his daughter.

Both the farmer and his daughter were horrified by the proposal. So the cunning money-lender suggested that they let providence decide the matter. He told them that he would put a black pebble and a white pebble into an empty money bag. Then the girl would have to pick one pebble from the bag.
    If she picked the black pebble, she would become his wife and her father’s debt would be forgiven. If she picked the white pebble she need not marry him and her father’s debt would still be forgiven. If she refused to pick a pebble, her father would be thrown into jail.

They were standing on a pebble strewn path in the farmer’s field. As they talked, the moneylender bent over to pick up two pebbles. As he picked them up, the sharp-eyed girl noticed that he had picked up two black pebbles and put them into the bag. He then asked the girl to pick a pebble from the bag.
    Now, imagine that you were standing in the field. What would you have done if you were the girl? If you had to advise her, what would you have told her?
    Take a moment to ponder this. What would you recommend that the girl do?
    The girl put her hand into the moneybag and drew out a pebble. Without looking at it, she fumbled and let it fall onto the pebble-strewn path where it immediately became lost among all the other pebbles.

“Oh, how clumsy of me!” she said. “But never mind, if you look into the bag for the one that is left, you will be able to tell which pebble I picked.”
    The moneylender dared not admit his dishonesty. The girl changed what seemed an impossible situation into an extremely advantageous one.

By Edward de Bono

Most problems do have a solution, sometimes we just need to think in a different way.

Rani

2. EnlightenedSoul

EnlightenedSoul IL Hall of Fame

3. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

A POUND OF BUTTER

There was a farmer who sold a pound of butter to the baker. One day the baker decided to weigh the butter to see if he was getting a pound and he found that he was not. This angered him and he took the farmer to court. The judge asked the farmer if he was using any measure. The farmer replied, amour Honor, I am primitive. I don't have a proper measure, but I do have a scale." The judge asked, "Then how do you weigh the butter?" The farmer replied "Your Honor, long before the baker started buying butter from me, I have been buying a pound loaf of bread from him. Every day when the baker brings the bread, I put it on the scale and give him the same weight in butter. If anyone is to be blamed, it is the baker."

What is the moral of the story? We get back in life what we give to others. Whenever you take an action, ask yourself this question: Am I giving fair value for the wages or money I hope to make? Honesty and dishonesty become a habit. Some people practice dishonesty and can lie with a straight face. Others lie so much that they don't even know what the truth is anymore. But who are they deceiving? Themselves!

Rani

4. EnlightenedSoul

Facts in Life Lesson:
    Your "Dreams of Life" are Only Yours-Noone Cares-Until you Succeed.
    Your Self-respect, Dignity, Prestige, Credit, Honour -IS Yours; Noone Cares to Protect or Provide it for you.

ONLY YOU HAVE TO PURSUE & PROTECT - YOUR DREAMS, SELF-RESPECT.

Thyagarajan and Raniz like this.
  5. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

When We Face Rejections

Though we often face in life,

Rejections of every kind,

We need to know it's not the end

And to leave it all behind

And carry on with faith in God,

That He will see us through,

To fulfil what He has called us for,

The work we need to do

And sometimes these rejections,

Is a turning point in life

That lead to other avenues,

To bring our dreams alive

If we can only see this,

As a chance to expand our wings

And see there's opportunity,

To fulfil our godly dreams

For God knows what's best for us

And He will show the way,

We only need to trust in Him

And be on our knees each day

For He will bring it all to pass,

Releasing hope inside

As we keep walking with the Lord

And in His love abide.

Rani

EnlightenedSoul likes this.
  6. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Moral Booster

An old man lived alone in an American town.
    His only son was in prison. The old man wrote a letter to his son
    Dear Son,
    I am feeling pretty bad because it looks like I won’t be able to plant
    my potato garden this year. I’m just getting too old to be
    digging up a garden plot. If you were here, all my troubles would be over. I know you would dig the plot for me, if you weren’t in prison.
    Love,
    Dad

Shortly, the old man received this telegram:
    ‘For Heaven’s sake, Dad,
    don’t dig up the garden !! That’s where I buried the GUNS !!’

At 4 a.m. the next morning, a dozen FBI agents and local police officers showed up and dug up the entire garden without finding any guns.
    Confused, the old man wrote another note to his son telling him what had happened, and asked him what to do next.
    His son’s reply was: ‘Go ahead and plant your potatoes, Dad. It’s the
    best I could do for you, from here.’

MORAL: NO MATTER WHERE YOU ARE IN THE WORLD, IF YOU HAVE DECIDED TO DO
    SOMETHING DEEP FROM YOUR HEART, YOU CAN DO IT. IT IS THE THOUGHT THAT
    MATTERS, NOT WHERE YOU ARE OR WHERE THE PERSON IS…..

Rani

7. EnlightenedSoul

Facts in Life Lesson:
    Sometimes Being Detached & Have Bird's Eye View Is Needed To Handle Any Situations, People & Ourselves too.
    Sometimes, It Is the Way to Connect To People.

Thyagarajan, KashmirFlower and Raniz like this.
  8. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Helpless love

Once upon a time all feelings and emotions went to a coastal island for a vacation. According to their nature, each was having a good time. Suddenly, a warning of an impending storm was announced and everyone was advised to evacuate the island.
    The announcement caused sudden panic. All rushed to their boats. Even damaged boats were quickly repaired and commissioned for duty.
    Yet, Love did not wish to flee quickly. There was so much to do. But as the clouds darkened, Love realised it was time to leave. Alas, there were no boats to spare. Love looked around with hope.

Just then Prosperity passed by in a luxurious boat. Love shouted, “Prosperity, could you please take me in your boat?”
    “No,” replied Prosperity, “my boat is full of precious possessions, gold and silver. There is no place for you.”
    A little later Vanity came by in a beautiful boat. Again Love shouted, “Could you help me, Vanity? I am stranded and need a lift. Please take me with you.”
    Vanity responded haughtily, “No, I cannot take you with me. My boat will get soiled with your muddy feet.”
    Sorrow passed by after some time. Again, Love asked for help. But it was to no avail. “No, I cannot take you with me. I am so sad. I want to be by myself.”
    When Happiness passed by a few minutes later, Love again called for help. But Happiness was so happy that it did not look around, hardly concerned about anyone.
    Love was growing restless and dejected. Just then somebody called out, “Come Love, I will take you with me.” Love did not know who was being so magnanimous, but jumped on to the boat, greatly relieved that she would reach a safe place.
    On getting off the boat, Love met Knowledge. Puzzled, Love inquired, “Knowledge, do you know who so generously gave me a lift just when no one else wished to help?”
    Knowledge smiled, “Oh, that was Time.”
    “And why would Time stop to pick me and take me to safety?” Love wondered.
    Knowledge smiled with deep wisdom and replied, “Because only Time knows your true greatness and what you are capable of. Only Love can bring peace and great happiness in this world.”
    The important message is that when we are prosperous, we overlook love. When we feel important, we forget love. Even in happiness and sorrow we forget love. Only with time do we realize the importance of love. Why wait that long? Why not make love a part of your life today?”
    Rani

9. EnlightenedSoul

10. Raniz

Raniz Platinum IL'ite

Hi divyakhyathi

Thank you for the likes. Happy you liked my selections of stories.

Rani

Divyakhyathi likes this.